Tire Cleaning Brush?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by agpatel, Jan 31, 2011.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

So everyone has there favorite wheel brush, what is everyone favorite tire cleaning brush? Looking for something new, I have a megs tire brush as of right now...

Have semi lo-pro tires so something good for lo-pro tires would be ideal.

Post up!

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I first spray the cleaner onto the tire and then massage the cleaner into the rubber gently with a SV Wheel Brush, SV Detail Brush, or Raceglaze/Envy Brush. I let that dwell for a minute and then I scrub thoroughly with a Cobra Tire Scrubber or SM Arnold medium-stiff wheel brush, let it dwell again, and then rinse off.

3. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I have a set of brushes that I got from Ikea awhile back that I thought would be good to use and they ended up working great. Has a nice grip and the suction cup at the bottom is pretty cool. I think Jay uses them too from looking at his write-ups. Looks like this....

[​IMG]

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

damnit i was going to get some of those last time i was at ikea recently too.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Hmm...just suction cup it to the panel when working LOL...

6. tonipieleanu

tonipieleanu Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm using a cheap brush I bought from a local supermarket. Works great on my 225/45R17 tyres. Also good for scrubbing rubber mats :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bunky

Bunky Guest

For normal tires, I have several brushes: one from Carrand, another from mothers.

I have a similar smaller brush as shown that I found in cleaning section (Clorox brand) that is small width with a handle./

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

OXO good grips tire brush. Been using them for years and am not planning to switch...

[​IMG]

9. muffin422

muffin422 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

sv brush

10. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

They are sooooo nice to use. You really could suction it to a panel if you wanted to, but I havent had the guts to try, I guess if its a clean panel it would be alright.

11. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

is the handle stiff enough to not bend or break under heavy tire scrubbing use?

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Yeah it's extremely solid and bristles are stiff enough to be really put to work without flattening out. They are good for wheel wells too.

13. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I have a few of those and you best by your backups now because OXO hasn't been making any more of these for a while now. Gotta love how the bristles are soft enough not to scratch the rims with this brush.

14. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

I'll have to pick up some of those brushes from Ikea the next time I'm over there. They're only 2 bucks!

15. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

I hav the oxos but alot of times, while I like the soft bristles when I overlap and touch the wheel edge, I would prefer a brush with more stiffness....

16. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

i dont need to scrub the tyres too often as i clean pretty much weekly

but when i do, i use a female nail cleaning brush as my tyres are low profile

something very similar to this i buy from the local chemist.......works great for deep cleaning textured plastics with light pressure

[​IMG]

17. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

18. freefallin2000

freefallin2000 Birth of a Detailer

I use one I got from Walmart. Honestly guys, a tire brush is a tire brush. As long as its not metal or severly hard plastic to scratch the rim, I think anything will really do. I plan on getting 1 or 2 or the long-handled brushes from Wal Mart for wheel wells, as I have yet to find a low profile enough brush to fit under smaller cars for wells. All of the mentioned brushes will perform great every time!

19. roastpuff

roastpuff Virgin Detailer

20. jaynick808

jaynick808 Virgin Detailer

not really true. some brushes bristles are too stiff or too feathered. some brushes have groups of bristles spread out too far apart and some brushes bristles are too long and bend.
    i have around 8 different automotive and household brushes i use on different types of tires.
    the mothers type is one of my favorites for large 40+sidewall tires.
    i use a small densely packed medium bristle brush for low profile tires because an ultra stiff will scratch exposed wheel barrels or faces