Two accidents in Two days

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by zliegen, Jan 25, 2011.

1. zliegen

zliegen Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So, yesterday night I was rear-ended on the highway and THENNNNNNN TONIGHT I got into a front end collision leaving work when a car turned into my lane.

Yesterday I was on my way to school to attend class at around 5:00. I'd just gotten onto the highway and went about a mile and a half when there was emergency lights and everyone slowed down, the guy behind me wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of my car.

Cop saw it happen, was totally the other guys fault, went to get an estimate done today and it was $2,000 in damage. Had his insurance information so I was like ok this sucks but everythings gonna be OK, nobody was hurt and it will be paid for!

Then tonight I was leaving work and going straight through a 4-way intersection with lights. The light turned yellow as I was going through and the guy coming from the opposite direction decided to take shis left turn suddenly and entered into my lane and struck my front end. Both of my airbags deployed and my car was towed to a body shop, I should get word of the news tomorrow.

I'm hoping its totaled out as I really don't feel like its safe to drive with the amount of damage it has sustained.

Nobody was hurt in this second accident either luckily. It was a 16yr old kid who only had his permit that hit me the second time and he was really shaken up, crying and all. I told him don't worry about it nobody was hurt, accidents happen, don't let it scare you from driving!

All in all I feel very lucky to be in good shape, I'm just hoping that my car is totalled and they don't try to fix it since they are separate claims and the value might not exceed the value to total the car alone but it would exceed the value if the two claims were combined.

Just wanted to vent a little bit, I can't believe this happened two nights in a row, I feel like I'm having a nightmare ahha.

2. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Sorry about your bad luck but at least everyone was okay. They say bad things happen in groups of three so you've got two out of the way. Be careful! LOL

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats some horrible luck. Glad everyone is ok.

4. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

Man that sucks. From what I've heard. Is that if the airbags deploy, they'll total the car 90% of the time.

5. epic32

epic32 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

is it the car in your profile picture? the NB miata? if so are you going to get another. well glad to hear everyone is safe and hope your luck turns around.

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Man, that sucks. Just stay home for a few days and take it easy!!!Sorry to hear man!!

7. teddybear

teddybear Virgin Detailer

at least you arent hurt!

8. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

You said it yourself... lucky that no one got hurt. Consider yourself very lucky man and move forward.

9. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Glad you are ok man and no one was injured. I am still waiting for my own car to get back from the body shop from my last accident where a deer destroyed my car. Let us know what happens.

10. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

first of all, im glad u r ok. (that it, you didn't break your waxing arm)

Besides that, i hope the reamining process goes super smooth for U.

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Cars can be replaced. People can't.

Glad you, and the other drivers are ok.

Good luck, and take abreather for a few days.

Accidents can be very scary, no matter how minor.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Talk about a doozie. Do you have any pics?

13. zliegen

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I too am just glad everyone was OK first and second that it shouldn't end up costing me anything as neither accident was of my wrongdoing.

I just got the body shop estimate from the second crash. Its definitely going to be totaled. They estimated just over $10,000 to repair only the damage to the front, the back damage (the first crash) was estimated at $2,000 already. Bringing it to a total of ~$12,000 to get my Miata back in the condition that it was in. Blue book value private party in good condition was only $7500.

What should I buy now? :D

Here's a not very good cell phone picture of the first accident, it was too dark for a picture of the second one when it happened so I'll get a picture at the bodyshop today.

[​IMG]

14. rfinkle2

maybe a blessing in disguise. this puts you in a good position. have u thought about a price range you'd like to spend?

i wish someone would make a "crash resistant wax!"

15. zliegen

I'm looking for either a NEW car from 15-23 thousand, with a manual transmission (will use insurance money for down payment), OR a CHEAP used car, less than 4k, and save the rest of the money for repairs that may come up.

16. rfinkle2

I just got an Mazdaspeed3 (traded my evoX for it) I know it sounds strange (the trade) but I am in love.
    A great mazda car for the $.

17. zliegen

The mazdaspeed3 is near the top of my list :) I would trade an evox for one too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its too bad this happen, those tires were like brand new.

18. rfinkle2

if it is totalled, u may be able to remove parts from the car. make sure to ask your insurance company about it.

19. zliegen

Rfinkle2, I think I may be buying a mazdaspeed3 in celestial blue mica :D

20. rfinkle2

hey thats great news! 2010 or 2011?

you will love it!.

I've had audi's, bmw's, chevys, hondas, mitsubishi's, nissans, toyotas, etc. and if u r looking for a great quality inexpensive little rocket...its the mazdaspeed3.