Best Shampoo for Gloss

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Rcrew, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

MS UG or Glossworkz at 1.5oz to 3 gallons of water

2. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Think I am leaning this way now. The economical factor of the soap is key as well (should have mentioned that in my OP)

3. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

Where can I get the MS ultra gloss?

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I use Optimum Car Wash, with an ounce of ONR thrown in for good measure. But I don't really depend on a wash for shine. Just use Duragloss Aquawax as a drying aid. :thumb:

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Majestic Solutions. They are a small company in Raleigh, NC. They have the Ultra Gloss on their website. I've used a ton of maintenance soaps and Ultra Gloss is bar none the best I've ever used. I try to keep 2 gallons on hand at all times. Oh and it's cheaper than CGs Glossworkz too.

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

The only problem with MS is their shipping rates are high.

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

If you call and order over the phone you can get it for $12 bucks I think, which isn't too bad considering the soap isn't that expensive. Definitely worth it.

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I have a complaint... I never got a sample :p:

9. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

+1

Oh wow MS UG is super cheap! For my upcoming birthday I'm going to get some Ultra Gloss and Super Foam for my cam spray gun.

10. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I have a gallon or Glossworkz which I got from DI and it was $39.99 and to get it shipped to me came out to be $51. MS UG is $19.95 and to get 2 gallons shipped to me will cost $56.90. Getting 1 gallon of it shipped to me is $34.95. I rather get 2 gallons of MS UG instead of 1 gallon of Glossworks as its only a $6 more and I get 2 not 1. And its a better soap than Glossworkz. I have tried both and will be replacing Glossworkz with MS UG once I run out. Food for thought.

11. Reflect

I thought you were dead. I even wrote an obituary.

"Although me and Pete were just internet friends and detailing product traders, I knew he lived a full life although tragically cut short. His kids took over his life, and when he saw his beloved Lincoln covered in salt and dirty beyond his abilities, he simply collapsed. In lieu of flowers, please send Dodo Juice Supernatural. He is survived by his redneck truck and, paradoxically, his $5000 worth of detailing products."

When the winter months go away, I'll send you some you sissy boy. :thumb:

12. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I was just about to ask this question...most of my details last year were just a wash, often on cars that had never even seen a LSP. I will have to make a note to order some for the coming season.

What about on cars with a LSP already applied? Will it affect that in any way?

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

a good quality shampoo like MSUG or Lusso will only add additional gloss!

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

How is it in a foam gun? MS is only about 20 min from me.

Anyone asked for a plant tour?

15. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Not to high jack anyone here but...

Next week I am going to MS is there anything else they manufacture that yall recommend?

16. Reflect

PM JL, he knows it in and out.

17. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Super Green Stuff APC!!!

18. Lito

Lito Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Do you guys get MS products directly from them? any resellers?

19. LDTCapitan

LDTCapitan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I order directly from them. They ship fast. No complaints with their customer service.

20. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Now that is funny :) !