help/advise on car sale

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by infiniti24, Oct 7, 2010.

1. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

2. richy

richy Guest

I put my FX up for sale due to ordering a new MKX. I tried to give it a lot of exposure by parking it by the road where I work (busy street) and made sure it always looked perfect. People will try to steal it (low-ball) but stick to your guns as long as your price is within reason. There is an ass for every seat! You'll find the one for yours. Exposure is very important. Make sure you have for sale signs on the car as well as a sheet with all the features on the car. I can send you what I did on mine if you want an example. I sold mine in 3 days. Good luck.

3. infiniti24

thnx man

4. yakky

yakky Two Bucket System Washer

How close are you to Edmunds TMV and KBB private party prices? If you are close, you just need more time. Luxury cars are slow sellers. Cars in the sub $10k range usually sell in a week or two. Cars north of 20k usually take a month or two. You have to realize that people in that price range usually shop at dealerships. Give it time, they will come.

Also, I don't even entertain offers via email, I put in my ads "Come look at the car and make an offer in person." It really weeds out the tire kickers.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice to see your front windows are tinted...GLWS!

6. infiniti24

my windshield is too :p:

in nevada we do what we want

no front plate either

car is pending offer at full price I guess it just takes that one person to finally find your add

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

dude, that is effing awesome! Maybe I should register all my cars in Nevada and have all my windows limmo tinted...to me it's a sin not to have your front windows tinted, I feel naked...

8. infiniti24

Okay okay I spoke lies where only allowed 35% in the front and there can be nothing on the windshield. However at 56% on the windshield you really cant tell from outside. The side windows are at 10% front and 5% rear so really if they wanted they could get you.

9. infiniti24

also car is pending sale at a good price too :)