Audi A3 Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by tdekany, Sep 24, 2010.

1. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Long time no post.:think:

This A3 was purchased several months ago from Luxe Auto and it was deswirled then. The new owner washed the car 2 to 3 times a week since and did an amazing job keeping it in top shape. He contacted me to get the car freshened up and protected for the rainy season.

Just so happened that I recently ordered DODO JUICE Lime Prime Pre Wax Cleanser and Cleaner Glaze from DI.

This car was a perfect candidate as it didn't need any correction work.

So after a wash and clay I started polishing the paint with a pcxp with an orange pad
    and the Pre Wax Cleanser as this product has abrasives in it. I wanted to freshen up the paint a little bit instead of just using the glaze.

Well, I can openly recommend Lime Prime to anyone who is into the carnauba look. I couldn't believe the difference I saw after I finished the first panel. (Normally my go to product is EZ Creme Glaze but this thing is definately better in the "look" department and EZ CREME is no slouch.)

I took my time polishing the paint and worked it in until there was no visable product on the surface. This produced a very glossy finish and much sharper reflections.
    After I finished the whole car, and because we were looking for long lasting protection I applied FK1 #1000 to the car. Again I used the pcxp speed 4 and a black 3M waffle pad. I let #1000 sit for awhile while I dressed the engine (it was cleaned as well) with HD PROTECT, cleaned the windows inside and out with SPRAYAWAY foam, sealed the wheels and windows with ZCS. Tire was dressed with 3D TRIM SHINE

Once done, I removed the sealant with OCW

Here are the result, unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperating :bawling::bawling::bawling:

There are no before pictures.

This is after Lime Prime

[​IMG]

All done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

looks damn good man. Your vehicles always look slick in your photographs. I literally mean slick to the touch. You can just see the smoothness of the paint.

Nice work on your part and the owners part.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice! Love it!

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Man that looks good !!! Well done .

5. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Thank you gents!

6. cnut

cnut Guest

Good job.

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

another nice one, love the big shop

8. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Thanks again - the "shop" is actually a used car dealership. I detail outside until the cold weather arrives. :D

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Very nice work!

10. shazam

shazam Any Rag Vehicle Washer

great job on the detailing - looks right out of the showroom