Audi Q7 Enhancement

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by billyblooshoes, Aug 15, 2010.

1. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

this audi Q7 was referred to me by one of my regular customers. i was able to take a look at the vehicle a week prior to the detail. the owners main concern was to remove a couple of larger more prominent scratches, as well as cleanse and protect the interior and exterior. the kicker, i would only have 6 hours to work on this SUV, as the owner had expressed that he did not really want to spend any more than that.

Vehicle upon arrival
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wheels looking extre grimey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Car was soaked with citrus degreaser, rinsed, then washed with a heavy dilution of CG's CWC. then the vehicle was clayed with Bilt Hamber Soft and ONR at lube dilution, which yielded mucho tar and contaminants. this is after half the hood and one front quarter panel:
    [​IMG]
    After drivers side door:
    [​IMG]

Defects to be removed

here in the middle of the picture you can see where there is a large scratch, that looks as if someone attempted to remove it by hand with rubbing compound or something along those lines as well as some verticle marring on the bottom:
    [​IMG]
    Here if you look right below where the cord of the box fan is you will see a looooonnnngg scratch that runs the length of the panel, as well as the length of the car
    [​IMG]

Here is the bad boy. this one would have to be sanded, as well as a smaller one near it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those two areas were sanded with 3M 2500, compounded with PFW/M105, then finished down with 85RD/Blue on flex rotary.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paint Readings were generally unhealthy throughout the car, so unfortunately i had to stop at certain areas without fully removing the scratches like the piece of this large one, but here it is corrected:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. billyblooshoes

on with the passenger side. scartches defects marked:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Passenger door corrected:
    [​IMG]

Passenger Rear Door:
    [​IMG]
    Corrected:
    [​IMG]

Protection was Collinite 845. Tires treated with SV Pneu, Glass got Autoglym Fastglass, and exterior trim received 303 Aero.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking. oh, almost forgot, the interior was cleaned as well:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I hate time limits. Nice turnaround in such a short amount of time. Your girl looks so emo in that garage.

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Looks bangin, great job Billy! Time limits suck.

5. That was the dirtest clay I've ever seen. Where does your customer live, next to Mount St. Helens :yikes: And yes, time limits do suck, but at least you didn't have to spend your entire off day on it :cig:

6. billyblooshoes

thanks dudes. yeah i hate being under the gun as far as time goes, but oh well. and philbert you're right, it was better than spending all day on it.

7. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Nice work! How did the owner react?

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

brilliant work, Billy! Came out gordeous!

9. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Awesome job Bill....Amazing for 6 hours of work...

10. billyblooshoes

thanks. the owner was pleased, but unfortunately about a gallon of water flew out of the passenger side mirror when i was taking the car back for drop off, and it splattered the whole side. i, being an idiot, did not bring a microfiber with me. that kinda sucked.

thanks man. appreciate it.

thanks pat. i wish i could have done more with it, but hey what can you do. at the risk of sounding arrogant, i was surprised as well how good it came out with such limited time working on it.

11. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

damn I thought i had my work cut out on me with a monco blue 5series in 7hrs and you had that great job looks way better. hopefully you cleared enough money to take the wifie to dinner she looks upset

12. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

yes dont forget to bring a towel

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job!!!!!!!

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Great looking Q7, and that is a lot done for just six hours!

15. billyblooshoes

thanks guys. yeah i really had to hustle my ass off to get this one done in time.