Ace TurboStick

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by godoman, Jul 25, 2010.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

any of you guys have reviews or feedback on the Ace TurboStick ?

my business needs something that, after steaming the tight hard to reach areas, can agitage the dirt that is hard to reach on the face side of the rims that is motorized.

I need something that I can use after I have steamed the rims with my optima. something that will basically brush the hell out of the dirty area without my employees having to work hard trying to get dirt out of tight areas of the rims. dont want to use degreasers that are abbrasive although I am considering using a bucket of water that has something in it to dip the Ace TurboStick into and then use it to brush the difficult area out.

any ideas please let me know as I plan on doing alot of cars in bulk.

godoman

2. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I am looking for something along the lines of this unit.

Flitz Polishing Ball is ideal for buffing hard-to-reach areas. The Flitz Polishing Ball cleans/polishes in minutes, what otherwise would take hours.

sometimes the rims that I deal with are really heavily soiled but they need to be wiped with a cloth or something and I want to be able to hit the rims with steam and then run at this with a unit like this for the immediate outside of the rims and then for the tight areas inbetween the rims I am thinking I need the Ace Turbo Stick.

let me know guys

thanks again

godoman

3. I wish I still got as excited about this career move as you do godoman

Regards,

Tired of working in 100+ degree temps

P.S. If the brake dust has penetrated the surface of the wheel you are probally better off just leaving it like it is, unless the owner has addressed this issue and is opening there wallett

4. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i dont like the ACE power sticks myself. it get crap every where if you have it turning while you pull away from the rim. i tried one once and that was enough for me. i got dirty ass rim water on my face and shirt. after that i just use the ez detail brush or my boars hair brush.

like PW stated, unless you are doing a detail that includes getting baked on, set in brake dust out, most people are ok with just cleaning the face. i dont do wheel barrels unless it was agreed in the price. not being cheap, just dont like doing work for free. especially not dirty jobs

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I personally feel that cleaning the barrels is part of cleaning the wheels... why even bother cleaning the wheels if you aren't doing the barrels...

6. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

if you're doing a detail sure, but if its just a wash or mini detail on a car with factory steel wheels and hub caps its a different story

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i agree. Hard to make a profit if you are just car washing and having to clean the inner wheel barrels which can take a hour or more on some cars that have never properly been detailed.

I have a buddy who use to use the ace power stick and thought it was great . . . . . then moved over to the Daytona wheel brush and Ez Detail brush.

8. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Hey Marcus, you should try a mini ez brush with the optima. spray some citrus degreaser and agitate with ez brush and blast with optima at the same time, so nothing get sling back to your arms and face.

I have the ace power stick too, use it with a bucket of soap but it can get messy when you pull the drill out while cleaning. but definately faster then just using the ez brush.

9. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

I like ACE stick running on Ryobi cordless drill. Yes you'll get brake dust mud in your shirt etc from time-to-tiem, but I wear old shirt when doing my car anyway. I like it cause I don;t need to run high-octane cleaner P21S or Dawn is good enough alot of times.
    If you do it once every 2-weeks it's not as much brake dust to deal with also depend on the car (some has more brake dust than others).
    The nylon shaft never scratch wheels.

I am not doing this on fleet so can't say much about that situation.

10. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Eimann Fabrik Wheel Woolies

Best money you'll ever spend on wheel cleaning tools - and none of the splatter you get from typical bristle brushes.

11. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

dang those look nice, might have to get me a set

12. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I'm a big fan of the Power Sticks. AS someone else stated, I wear old clothes when cleaning and detailing so I don't mind a little splatter. I find them reall good for getting behind the spokes on my G8 and Acadia and several other cars. I do my barrels on both cars every week with the Power Sticks. For regular cleanings, I can do a barrel in about a half a minute per corner.

13. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

only reason you can them in 30 seconds is because you do it every week. i had a bmw a while ago that hadnt had the wheels washed in 4 years!! i thought they were black chrome, turns out they were silver

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I just recently converted to the mini EZ brush and definitely don't see a need in the normal EZ brush anymore. Plus, I also have the Raceglaze XL brush and with those two alone, you can clean just about any wheel barrels and in between spokes. For the face of the wheels, I still tend to use the BHB and/or the Swissvax Wheel Brush.

15. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

sorry every body,

been out of town for a few days so am only now reading your posts and alot of good points, like always.

so, I like the EZ brush that was mentioned but my issue is that the bristles are made of nylex, which is a type of plastic. now, I was detailing a car engine with my optima a few weeks ago and the mechanic that was teaching me what to look for and what to avoid brought out a very soft brush that we used for agitating the underside of the hood bay before steam cleaning and it was very very effective.

the problem is that later we wanted to try and steam that brush clean like I do with many other things and the brush bristles started bonding to each other from the heat of the steam being way too hot for them to handle.

so I could use the ez detail brush for getting into the nooks and crannies of wheels (only trying to steam clean quickly the outer side of the rims here) but I will not be able to steam the rims while moving the brush in and out as we will get the melting action again I am sure.

none the less, I am gonig to order one and see what it can do for me. I have 5 more customer cars to do before sunday so I am busy as hell.

anyone else out there have great ideas on quickliy steam cleaning the exterior/face side of customer rims, feedback and/or input would be greatly appreciated. not trying to use any chemicals when doing this, want to be 100 percent steam/green clean here except using upholstery cleaner on some interior spot detailing I will be offering.

no chemicals.

thanks again

godoman

16. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

The Ace is great and well worth the money. Now there about 30$ with a discount from detailers domain.

17. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

I think these are decent and OK for the pricing. If you dont have a cordless then goodluck lol. I didnt really find them to have enough scubbing power for tougher wheels but for people who just cant use a regular wheel brush and dont deal with heavy dusting, these might be good

18. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

IMO you NEED an electric drill not cordless for these.