Porsche threatens to sue Nissan

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by detailersdomain, Jul 18, 2010.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

they are very safe either...

My E70 X5 on the other hand is VERY RESPONSIVE even @ 100 MPH! And no noise...

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I wouldn't say I would never own a Hyundai, the Genesis impressed the hell out of me. The only issue is the brand name and a few minor interior touches. Other than that I have to say the car is great!

The engine doesn't have as much pep as say the BMW 5 Series. The largest issue is the brand name. You don't spend S-Class money because you just want an S-Class. Lets be honest here, nobody needs a car like that, but the car is a very good car and it has the status of being a Benz.

As for the GT-R vs 911T debate, I have driven them back to back and I think it is pretty simple. In terms of fund 911T>GT-R, interms of track times, it is probably either car. In terms of how easy it is to own and drive day today GT-R>911. The last one is a big thing simply because for a very long time the 911 has been "the" practical sports car.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Both cars suck.

/thread.

:D

4. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

Similar situation when BMW took Nissan/Infiniti to court when M35/M45 came out, BMW had trademark on M-car as in M1 M3 and M5 but the judge I think said that there is no trademark on letter. Well, but we all know why Inifinti picked M35/M45 instead of I35/I45 etc. to me it's lack of confidence in Infiniti part not naming the car I35/I45 or at least something meaningful like 'M' stands for BMW.

My dad always tell me it takes one brick at the time to build Rome and same as establishing name in business. It's not just technically superior but also trust.

Genesis is way too tacky with that wing emblem in the back and again no Hyundai badge everywhere telling me like a girl from gettho who wouldn't even want to remember her mom once she got a waitrising job at Rodeo drive, pathetic.

5. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Well, I'm nearly 51 and having owned a lot of cars since the mid 70's, I can tell ya'll that any company can hit a home run and also strike out. It seems that when a company rests on it's laurals then we get crappy cars, the ones that are agressive and trying hard produce decent cars cause they can't afford a turd in the line up. I have a 2008 GTI and love it - except for the over engineered german crap like the friggin air filter - whoever designed that needs a barb wire enema. We just bought my daughter a Mazda 3, S Grand Touring with 2.5 and auto, I like it and even the big mouth bass front end grew on me within a day. I could drive that car and be happy - but the daughter doesn't want to trade me. Toyota and Honda better rethink things - just look at GM, and yeah I know it was more than bad cars that fucked GM, damn unions.........

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

First off, I never said I hate GTR's. I think that today, you can not beat them for bang for the buck. They are like the 5.0 Mustangs of the supercar world. What I am saying is that there is a reason they are able to produce such a great performing car at such a low price and I believe that time will take its toll on these cars. There is a reason Porsche charges what they do for their cars. Maybe they aren't the fastest or stylistically "current", but I think, overall, its a better package.

7. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

yep, the reason Nissan can offer the car cheaper is because they have a much bigger line up of (other) cars to better amortise the costs of R&D

the bang for buck argument is alot more important in Aus where we get raped with new car prices. The GTR rrp is around USD 157K vs a new GT2 at USD 400K. You can barely get into a new spec'd up Cayman S for that kind of money here

driving the GTR back to back with the GT2, the GTR is quicker, handles better, feels safer at high speeds, more comfortable, easier to get in and out, easier to park. The GT2 does look better parked in the warehouse with a cover over it though :shead:

8. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

9. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

LOL, that sounds a bit like a back-handed compliment to me!

10. domino

ahh the Vector of the 21st century

....what was the Vector again?

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Not at all. They provide an incredible amount of performance for what they cost.

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Also somewhat off topic, one of my clients drives a 2004 Honda Accord that's nearing 400k and still runs strong and doesn't burn oil, believe it or not.

I'm a fan of both Japanese and German cars but we've had our fair share of issues with the several Bimmers we have owned in the family, mostly the all too common surging of the engine due to intermittent electrical issues.

13. domino

Honda reliability FTW!

in fact Honda were putting variable cam timing in their cars back when Porsche was still building air cooled engines

and its only been in the last year that they've come out with direct injection, my Alfa 156 had direct injection a decade ago hahaha just didnt have working electronics

Honda S2000, highest HP/L naturally aspirated production engine = JDM WIN!! :cig: