Wax Storage

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by nothelle, Jun 25, 2010.

1. nothelle

nothelle Birth of a Detailer

All these reading about product storage has made me a bit paranoid in storing my LSPs. I've been storing my waxes in room temp, but being in tropical country the temperature is between 80-85° F or 30° C with a bit of humidity and i feel that it's too close to the borderline of product storage. I've been thinking about moving them to a mini fridge...

According to your experience, how long did it take before LSPs deteriorate, and how did you store it before it got damaged in the process? On the flip side, for those who store your LSPs in the fridge, how long have they last without any damage?

Kindly appreciate the input, i'm kinda in between the line of moving my whole collection into a mini fridge, but i'm afraid the cold temp would do more damage than good. Thanks

2. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

3. nothelle

Yep, posted on that one as well. Just want to know specific time period in which wax could be damaged, in warm climate and inside the fridge?

4. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Hi bro,

its hard to tell even the manufacturer if you asked such a question :shead: Someone just keep their high end waxes in bathroom could last for more than 5 years without any prob. I know you worry about our country climate could do some damages to your huge wax collection :worship2:

5. nothelle

Hi ahwil, thanks for the input, my collection is nothing compare to yours :D But exactly, climate here is a bit warm, the last batch i received kinda soften to a point where i can pop it out of its container, and it's only less than a month. I've been keeping some of them for a year or two without problem and some are even more than 4 years already. Like i said, reading too much made me a bit paranoid :D How do you keep yours?

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

if you have a wine cooler - that would be your best bet...

7. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

I keep my stuff in storeroom and some in bedroom :) some damages might caused during delivery from our post office to us. You should know that They use motorcycle to deliver our small packages. So it might heat up by expose to direct sunlight. I could feel all my stuff in warm condition when arrived. Anyway, all my waxes are in good shape now, We will see in 1 or 2 years later. :thumb:

8. nothelle

I heard wine cooler is a safer option, but it means i have to invest for it. I'm thinking about putting it in my unused mini fridge

9. jackson

jackson Virgin Detailer

10. loudog2

loudog2 Two Bucket System Washer

I think room temp is the best bet, or in a basement where it is cool. I have used waxes out of the refridgerator, and didn't like the condesation that formed on top. Pulling the wax out of the refridgerator, then out to 85F garage will cause it to condense.

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I've never had to thhrow away an LSP, liquid or wax. I just store at room temperature, year round. It's the polishes that usually go after a couple of years.