The Blower Bentley is back!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by togwt, Jun 22, 2010.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I detailed my first car when I was fourteen (a mere five and a half decades ago) it was a 1929 Bentley that belong to my Fathers friend Brigadier John Dix of Kensington, London. If, as they say, "God is in the details," then a 1929 Bentley is truly a religious experience. I knew then that detailing would become a passion and my méetier.
    It has always been a relaxing past time for me and while at college I had a part-time business detailing classic vintage cars. From there to Concours d’élégance entrant then judge, and then on to writing car care articles and How-to: instructions, then writing a series of books on my favourite subject.

(911 Fanatic , but not in 1930 :)

Bentley 4½ Litre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    These amazing images have been produced to show how a resurrected version one of the most famous Bentleys ever would look. Called the Dynamo Concept, it's the work of stylist Marc Senger who has paid homage to the 1929 Bentley 4½-litre – a supercharged racer that competed at Le Mans – and the famous 'Blue Train' Bentleys of the 1930s.

Blower Bentley returns! | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

2. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Haha man to be honest for awhile I thought you were a robot or computer because everything you wrote was so proper and so informational hahahaha

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I've been a Chem Engineer for four plus decades and tend to write 'factual' type copy. But I am human and to prove it I often make mistakes.

Hopefully my article help detailer's understand not just 'HOW' things work, but also 'WHY' they work, as well as an explanation of the scientific terminology and chemicals involved with detailing products.

4. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

a friend of mine from the alfa romeo club in portlant, oregon went with his dad in last years mille maglia in italy. their ride was a 29 bentley blower. what a blast they had. they called it a lifetime experience. guess so. i have seen it in concours events here and wow. fun thing was they shipped it over through the panama canal and were able to see and track it on the internet as it passed through. pretty cool. as a senior member too i see you talk occasionally about your kids so sure you are not a robot just mucho informed. thanks for all you input. daveinsweethome oregon

5. scoTampa

scoTampa Virgin Detailer

togwt, which books did you write? I assume your favorite subject is detailing so I am interested to read more.

I don't think you are robotic at all. I read too many memos, documents, etc. that could use more facts and less fluff. Keep up the good work.

6. PERFECTION

PERFECTION Birth of a Detailer

togwt, are you in the states if so pm me please.

7. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

LOL...never had the guts to say it:applause2:

togwt...good to hear you're very much alive lol

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

http://www.detailingbliss.com/foru...t-detailing-article-series-db-hyperlinks.htm

I update these on at least a monthly basis and I'm working on a format that can be uploaded as an app for iPad, Kindle, etc

The 400 page book "AUTOMOTIVE DETAILING; INSIDE & OUT-A knowledge base for the perfectionist" is also being updated, to be publishd asa hardback

9. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I thank God every day

10. scoTampa

scoTampa Virgin Detailer

Thanks. I have used your articles and I am looking forward to the book. I've looked for a detailing book and there aren't any that are very useful or current.