I just need to vent

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by infiniti24, Jun 16, 2010.

1. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

So I wake up to plop plop plop on my window. So I lay there going over the strangest weather I have seen in the past 16 years here. Its summer but it's Reno and this never happens.

Any ways the rain picks up to the point it sounds like a hose is on my window.
    So since I live in a desert I figure this is worth going to at least see.
    So I look at it as it lays all the crap in the gardens down flat ripping leaves off and causing the flowers to explode in the pale light of dawn.
    So while calmly observing the battle field through the kitchen window I make a pot of coffee. Looking at the mess it is making.

On the window I start to hear plop plop plink plop plop plop plink plink plop plink

Shit hail I think to myself.

So since my Lexus SC is in the shop for repairs my precious M3 is out of storage sitting in my driveway.

I ran outside in boxers throwing every single towle I could find over my car.

Then I see a bright white light I freeze and think thats it I'm busted by the fuzz for not wearing enough clothes. Or just running around like a mad man. Damn so all those people on cops that run around without clothes or shirts on where just in my position. Its not the inbreeding that causes that.:shead:

Then I hear it the thunder peel that is so loud my ears are still ringing.

So I go back to work cover the car hoping I made it in time.

So the hail is gone now and the biggest ones where the size of mentoes but they where not too icy and packed so I'm hoping my car is ok

So now Its raining I'm drinking my coffee and am just in a crappy mood. My feet are numb from running in the ice. I fucking hate mornings. To top it off I didnt go to bed till 4am.

I sure hope RBOE topped in SV concourso was up to the challange of this morining

FML
    :shakehead:

sorry for the rant I hoped you guys would understand my pain :hug: [no homo]

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Man, sorry to hear. Weather is so inconsistent here too. Rain every other day. Hopefully it will move on out and be a nice day.

3. infiniti24

thnx man yeah today will be 62 tomarrow it says the high 80s

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Be glad you don't live in the flooded areas of OKC or Arkansas.... Now that is a game changer

Hope the M3 comes out dingless...

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Its mid June and my season hasn't even really started yet. 85 here on Saturday. 55 yesterday. Had my freakin' toque on! Still raining every other day. Could be worse though. In some countries those would be warheads falling from the sky. At least rain dries. Just read Jasons post. At least rain dries - eventually!

6. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

hope everything is fine ... Gdluck dude

Global warming had changed the weather around the world ... Our country supposed in summer season (hot & humid) start from May. However, we still have some heavy rain in mid of June that caused flood in the city. worse to come, its traffic jam all over the city. Normally I only take about 35-45minutes from my work office to apartment, under heavy rain condition, take abt 1.5-2.5hours to drive me stress in the car. I got this terrible experienced many times in this year. I would say worse to come from year to year if we cant stop the global warming :(

7. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I feel your pain. Here in Texas we sometimes get golf ball size hail. I always pucker during the winter months on really cold days, when they call for rain. Makes me wish that I had a car port to store my truck under.

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

that woke u up didnt it lol. good thing i have car cover that i never use.

just be lucky you dont have STI with aluminum body panels

9. infiniti24

yeah id buy floatie wings for my car and I'm going out to check now i just woke up.

my worst fear is when I see those salvage cars that are perfectly fine except for the textured body panels.

I wish I had aluminuim body panels my car would shead a couple pounds :)

10. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Don't feel too bad. Twice in a week I got caught in a hail storm. The first time I had just finish drying the car off and was heading out to pick my kids up for dinner. NEVER in my life have I seen it rain so hard. I was fortunate enough to find cover at a gas station while I waited for the storm to blow over.
    The second time I was on the highway. No over passes to take cover underneath and I was almost late picking my son up. GRRRR! Both times I was in my GTO.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

would you mind sending some rain south - to California?

12. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

At least it wasn't hail like this:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFv2W7Duqiw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OFv2W7Duqiw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Any hail is bad, but that would have just ruined my year if my car would have been outside.

13. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

its got nothing to do with global warming

the earth is actually cooling atm

it warms and cools in cycles....the earth came out of the last ice age on its own, and we weren't driving big SUVs or burning coal for electricity 20,000 years ago

gotta love the government engineered media hype to lay yet another (carbon) tax on the masses

14. richy

richy Guest

IF you want to read some fascinating predictions about weather and what's going to happen to the US and around the world, look up Edward Casey. He lived in the southern US and wrote 1000's of predictions.

15. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

ive read about the polar shifting and the predicitions of a future ice age

researching earth history (evolution, ww1, ww2, communism, new world order, etc) is one of my main hobbies, so ill definitely look that up

im a big alex jones follower

wooops probably gone too far there.... hey whats that unmarked black van doing parked outside my house

16. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

my brother lived outside reno in silver lake i think it was called. visited him and yep you got some nasty stuff there. guess it is why they wait till august for the big car show,.

17. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Trust me. Car covers will do nothing for hail damage. I had hail damage on my 350Z through two car covers. One was a Weathershield HD. :devil:

18. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

We're having the coldest winter in 16 years down here in SA...It is 2 in the afternoon and I am sitting inside wearing 2 T-shirts and 2 jerseys! Worst of all the sun is shining outside...