1. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

I'm looking for a small amount of tardis to use on my stock wheels. I've got a few spots that I think Tardis will do wonders on.

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

You can make it yourself if you so please, head over to a Home Depot or Lowes, go to the paint section and get some Xylene (main part of Tardis) and mix it 60% to 40% mineral spirits. I just use it at 100% as I dont feel like mixing it.

You can also use 3m adhesive remover as it is pretty much the same ratio's also.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

i was thinking about selling some of my tardis. Just wondering a safe container to ship it in.

4. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for the recipe, but I don't really need a lot. I'm thinking maybe 6 oz or so.
    If you figure out something and decide to sell please let me know.

5. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Interesting, is this safe for paint? What are the actual directions of Tardis? How long do you have until you are supposed to remove?

6. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Most adhesive removers all contain the same things. Obviously caution needs to be exercised when dealing with all adhesive removers because of the nature of the product and the potential to damage unintentionally. Typically you just want to apply with a towel or applicator and then just wait a minute or so sometimes 2, until the tar is able to be removed.

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That is what Tardis and Tar removers are, mainly Xylene to break it down mineral spirits to give it a little thickness/filler also helpful in some cases to remove other contamination. Also Xylene is main part of 3m adhesive remover.

But always wear gloves when using products like this as they can be absorbed through skin and will dry our your hands a lot.