Dodge Avenger - Swissvax

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, May 24, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

I was contacted to perform a valet using only Swissvax products on a Dodge Avenger. The owner works abroad and leave the car at a coach company premises in the middle of nowhere. There was a lot of etching from bird droppings and massive amount of swirls. Advised the owner of this so he said to do anything i can, money is no object. So I carried out a correction on his car. Since I started later than usual in the day, there are not as many pics unfortunately.

This is how the car was in the beginning:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Initially I rinsed the car, cleaned the alloys with Bilberry Wheels cleaner and the Tyres/arches/door shuts/Engine bay with Surfex APC rinsed again then snowfoamed:

[​IMG]

Rinsed then washed 2BM with Swissvax Car Bath, rinsed again, detarred with Autosmart Tardis, rinsed again then Clayed with Swissvax Car Rubber:

[​IMG]

then washed the car again and rinsed again. Took some readings of the paint was getting between 160-186 microns over the car. At this point you can see the swirls:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I started with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro on a polishing pad, but ended up with 3M FCP on a Cutting pad then refined with Cleaner Fluid Pro on a polishing pad.

My attempt at 50/50 shots (Finshing it difficult due to the clouds so used brinkmann instead):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only just see the 50/50:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The metallic really showing now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Engine bay was treated with Chemical Guys Silkshine, Interior treated to a new leather cleaner im trying out and the carpets shampoo hoovered and wiped down with APC. Windows with Swissvax Crystal, Door rubbers with Swissvax Seal Feed.

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid was applied to the paintwork and alloys, buffed off then Swissvax Mirage applied to the Paintwork inc door shuts and Swissvax Authbahn to the Alloys and buffed off.

The End results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The owner was over the moon with the job, much better than he expected :)

Thanks for viewing

Robert

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

looking good man. That thing was hammered. Looks like the owner leaves his car sitting with the hood open on a regular basis . . . . . that engine was nasty.

3. Top job mate :applause:

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Great save there . That thing was trashed.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice work! I am surprised that the owner told you "money is no object" on a Dodge Avenger though!

6. Jav.STi

Jav.STi Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great job on that Avenger the engine was really dirty!