Convertible Top Question.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Greekscion, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Greekscion

Greekscion Virgin Detailer

Have a mustang convertible with a Black top. It's in good shape but it's starting to lose its luster. Any products or your personal experience on reconditioning. Products and procedures are a big help. It just looks dull

2. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Fabric or vinyl?

On my vinyl top, I have been very happy with Raggtopp protectant. Looks nice, lasts well, and doesn't run all over the side of the car in the next rainstorm.

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Fabric or vinyl?

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

5. richy

richy Guest

Any convertible top I've worked on I've cleaned with ARO which does an amazing job (you wouldn't believe the crap that will run out) and follow it up with 303 Aerospace.

6. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

I've used both Raggtopp and Renovo. Think the Raggtopp worked a little better but the renovo was a little easier to apply for me (no garage so wind with a spray was an issue). Haven't used the Renovo reviver (just the cleaner and protectant) but I don't think I'd be worried about trying it if I needed it.

7. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I use Raggtop fabric cleaner followed by 303 Fabric Guard which really allows for darker fabric tops to look more rich and darkens the fabric noticeably. It is almost comparable to dressing faded trim, it can make that much difference.

8. hopeforcash

hopeforcash Virgin Detailer

Just ordered the Raggtop Fabric Kit. Is it easy to apply? I ordered the brush as well, is it really necessary? Any tips?

9. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

Renovo is quite popular alternative to Raggtopp

I just wash the softop with regular wash soap. I did recently apply CG Fabric Guard and it gave it a slightly darker matt finish. Water is beading off it now too, but i think i preferred it when the water absorbed, made it alot easier to wipe down

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

11. hopeforcash

hopeforcash Virgin Detailer

Thanks, I think I read it once but could not remember which forum it was on the find it again:thumb:

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

There is only one forum that has a library of unbiased educational materials that has become the #1 reference for car care on the Internet – Detailing Bliss ;)