Autoglym HD rocksss!!!!!

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by scott14, Mar 17, 2010.

1. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

looks great man!

did you put anything under it?

2. scott14

scott14 Birth of a Detailer

nope just the wax....my car is garage kept

3. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

so in that box, there is a red mf towel, 2 wax applicator and the wax?

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Yep. Applicators have to be moist when you use them, the mf is not a terrible MF and is actually decent.

5. scott14

scott14 Birth of a Detailer

ya keep the applicator moist...it makes it even easier to apply

6. cnut

cnut Guest

Car looks good! I haven't been able to find it around my parts yet, but I hope one of the stores get it in soon.

7. D By Dustin

D By Dustin Virgin Detailer

Ill have to add this to my list!

8. Bulgari

Bulgari Virgin Detailer

Is this wax more natural than synthetic? I tried e-mailing the reps but none got back to me :(

9. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Man I really wanna try this. Dam I was trying to thin out my collection

10. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

This is definitely one youd want to have. Ive owned some pretty expensive stuff and this thing really competes!!

11. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

High Definition Wax contains a blend of durable polymers, Carnauba and microcrystalline waxes. I don't have percentages but from its durability I'd guess largest % is a polymer

12. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Being the product junkie I am, I picked up some HD at Walmart and gave it a shot on a black Porsche Cayman.

I have to say that application and removal was pretty easy and it gave the paint a nice clean look. There was some very slight streaking, but nothing major. I gave it a quick wash and the beading was crazy.

Here are the results after Menzerna Power Lock (cured 12 hours), topped with Autoglym HD after a quick wash...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

That is how a car should look.................. shiny paint without shiny tires:applause: "That car is wicked f-ng shiny".

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats some shiny black you got there!

15. Hey Rick, how would you say this wax compares in looks to some of the other higher end waxes you've used?

16. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

i got some riccardo clay for trade if you guys want to trade some HD

17. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

[​IMG]
    i had to get some while i was at walmart getting some bottle for agentf1's blackfire wet diamond

18. daisaw1219

daisaw1219 Virgin Detailer

hey which walmart is that, I see your located in Delaware County, the only one i can think of is the one in KOP and last time i went there they did'nt have much

19. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I picked mine up at Pep Boys. I went there for some SCG products and two Peak drying towels (which are pretty baller) and didn't expect to see Autoglym HD there.

20. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Works great on laptops too. :lol: