my CG nano 3n polishing turned to water

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by ahwil_lim, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

hi guys,

need some advises how to find out the polishes stuff up to the shelf life. are they turned to like water?

my 3n nano polishes (manufactured date July 09) turned to water. I only used one time, if im not wrong, it supposed like thicken liquid. I take it out today, it became water ... i kept shake it, it cant turn back it should be ... :shead:

Im keeping it in my room (77-82 farenheit) ... its my second polish stuff turned to water (1st poliseal). Look like polish stuff shelf life is very short ...

I hope someone could chim up how to keep the stuff in proper way and extend their shelf life ...

cheers

ahwil

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

weird. polishes should last a while. not sure what your temps are in Farenheit. But to be watery after not even a year is not cool. how long did you shake them up for?

3. ahwil_lim

my room temps 77-82 farenheit.

I kept shake it for few minutes ... I think its time to trash away rite? OMG ... i cant believe that to say good bye on my CG3n less than 6months ... I bought it on sept ... I kept it in the same room of other polishes ... all are fine except the CG 3n ...

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Time to contact CG for sure.

5. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Shake your polishes every month. Keeps them from seperating.

6. ahwil_lim

can I still use it or trash away?

7. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

trash unless you put it in a blender haha just kidding....... unless that works

8. Tim_G

Tim_G Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hmm.. might be of the humidity level we have here (tropical). Had those issues before and since I kept them in a container (good temperature) and put some dehumidifier packs in them, never saw any polishes going watery. But that's just my personal observation.

9. ahwil_lim

Ya, i did put in the container, no dehumidifier packs ... I will try to put some dehumidifier packs then ...

thanks for your input

10. ahwil_lim

I glad that got response from Paul from CG. I m one of the unluckiest guy in the world, pls read his statement below. He surprised me that polish can be used and work just the same. However, Its weird like pour the water on the pad and do polishing, hehe. Anyway, CG will replace the new formula 3n for me then.

"Have no fear the product should work the same. being that it is a very new product to the market there is still some changes we have to do. Sometimes because climate change 3N may become watery. the product will work the same but nevertheless it is strange :0). Use it for now and when you place you next order we will send you a new 16z bottle of the reformulated version that will not turn watery, We had 3 bottles also turn water out of the 12,000+ that didn't. But your happiness and support is most important!"

11. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Paul is Legit!!! Is he sending you another bottle?

12. ahwil_lim

Yes, he will replace the new bottle 16oz new formula will not easily turned to water ... but he will replace it when I place a new order

13. JakeZ34

JakeZ34 Virgin Detailer

Paul is the man dude, He is always so nice to his customers. I visit him from time to time since I live about 40 min away from where he is.

14. 07 z-oh-6

07 z-oh-6 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What other polish is 3n comparable to as far as cut and finish?

15. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I think 106fa but I haven't tried it.

16. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

You can make that 4 bottles as mine has been watery now too for the past couple months sincee I last looked at the bottle. Bought it frog CG I think around last Aug / Sept and I haven't even got to using it yet. It supposed to be like power finish I believe. Oh well, been using Menz / Megs and Uno HD lately.

17. TheStu

TheStu Virgin Detailer

We've had a couple bottles of 3N and one of Laserbuff 321 go watery on us at work. Sucks, but CG is taking care of it for us so that's definitely a point in thier favor.