F/S: Japanese Window Polymer, Finally!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by dsms, Feb 24, 2010.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I have spent the last 2 months trying to bring in enough bottles to put up for sale and now I have the "Japanese Window Polymer" here and ready to ship to those who are interested. I usually get 1 or 2 at a time when I can, so far I have only 8 total that I can sell.

I first came in contact with this product about 8 months ago, one of my customers who lives here and also in Japan asked if I used anything like this (at the time it was an earlier variant in an orange bottle). I played with it a little and found the best method of application and then began using it on client cars as an up-sell. When my friend comes home from Japan he usually brings a small box of these with him and thats how I get them, sometimes he comes back and fourth regularly and shoots me a text and sometimes i dont hear from him in months but for now all I have is 8... well 2 more that are just for me!

Since then I have tested the newest variant (pictured below in the red bottle) of the window polymer and its ridiculous... my windows have been tight beading for the past 7months with it, with that I have done dawn foams, citrus pre soaks and regular cleaning on the windows; none of which affect the durability of the polymer. I can still easily clean up water spots, bird poop etc like I did when I first applied it 7months ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One its on it stays on and continues to bead, I was told about 1 year but I haven't had it long enough to get to that point but I haven't seen it fade yet as of 7months.

The directions are in 100% Japanese, with each bottle I have a printed up sheet laying out the application that I find works best. You can prep and apply to a whole windshield in about 15minutes. Let it cure and buff off and thats it.

Adding multiple coats does nothing for the protection factor, beads the same either way. I apply 1 coat and thats it, thats what I have on my car and the other 4 cars in my family.

Quick video of one of one of my porsche clients with the JPW (he dubbed it "Hyrdophobic") driving in the rain with no wipers...

YouTube - Hydrophobic Window Polymer HWP

Because this is something you cannot buy pretty much anywhere and performs like it does I use it as an upsell to customer. I charge $40 for it, whatever your market can bare is what you can charge.

1 bottle will get about 18-20 cars. I usually recommend applying only to the windshield and rear window as they get hit the hardest with stuff.

Price is $75 per bottle, PM me for a UPS shipping quote.

EDIT: THE TOTAL IS $85 FOR THE BOTTLE AND SHIPPING, FLATE RATE 2 DAY ANYWHERE IN THE 48

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Looks pretty cool. What is this stuff called?

3. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

PM sent.

4. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

PM sent

5. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

nice

whats the name of the product?

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Ok

1 bottle is gone - 7 left as of now

the name is AmetVi

7. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

i thought this company was in Chicago IL. or something like that i look it up in my book.

sorry don't mean anything bad here just saw this along time ago an remember seeing the company if you need info. dave let me know i have it so that it don't cost you so much to get it just tring to help.

8. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

:thumb: Nice offer, Dave! Glad you got it in to share!

9. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

10. crew219

crew219 Birth of a Detailer

CCI Manufacturing :: Products :: Accessories :: AmetVi

Is that it?

11. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

yes P.O. Box 339 Lemont, IL 60439 i new it was IL just forgot what part an i'm at work so don't have my contact info. with me lol. thanks CREW219

12. floraneg

floraneg Birth of a Detailer

PM sent

13. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

14. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Have you tried G|Tech's glass coating system? The basics of them all are the same, silane. Most people dont know but stuff has been around for ages, actually used in the installation of glass on cars as the adhesive that is used does not bond to straight glass so a silane coating is placed on the glass and the adhesive bonds very well to this and the coating bonds very well to glass.

Good luck with the sale.

15. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

2 bottles gone.

6 left

16. tkblazer

tkblazer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

wow crazy markup.. $17 msrp

17. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I wish I had more ching right now... lame...

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks like a very great product! Good luck with your sale!

19. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

dang looks to be pretty sick. i also wish i had extra coin laying around.

20. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

where you see that at?