swissvax detail brush and detail brush differences

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by cleanfiend, Feb 11, 2010.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

edit: title meant to say swissvax wheel brush and swissvax detail brush

Whats the difference between these two brushes? is one stiffer than the other, or are they the same?

and which would be better for use around badges and in the gas cap area?

thanks for any help

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Do you mean wheel and detail? If so wheel is little larger (larger diameter) than the detail. Both are made of the same hairs and just as safe. Comes down to a personal preference.

3. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

whoops, sorry. yeah that s what i meant

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Same brush material and everything just different size brush head. I think the wheel one is a few mm larger in diameter. Dont know exact sizes.

5. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

im curently using detail for wheels, need to find my wheel one

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Skip them!!!

Go to Ken's site and order up 3 or so of the largest size RaceGlaze SV style brushes... so much better, and they don't crack!!

I am throwing my SV brushes in the trash and I'm going to order 5 of the RG ones from Ken and call it a day.

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

You can get a pretty good deal on them from Ken!!

8. acc1079

acc1079 Guest

DONT THROW EM AWAY!!!

Send em to me unless all the hairs have fallen out or something. I will even pay shipping!!

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I might have been a bit dramatic, I will surely use them until they are a lost cause... but if I had never bought them I would go straight to the RG brushes... as far as they go I'd skip the little ones... not very useful in my opinion.

10. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

same here for me, the RG brushes hold up much better and are a little stiffer so they work better on interiors as well

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Detail brush is smaller then a wheel brush...

12. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

found my sv wheel brush. just used it to clean the wheel. works great. little softer then interior brush

13. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I love my SV brushes. Yes, the red casing cracks. Just wrap it in electrical tape.

But, I have not tried the RG brushes. When the 4 wheel brushes I have die, I'll try them out.

14. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

i have both the sv and rg brushes, and i wouldnt use the rg brushes anywhere near paint, but the sv ones i would. there a tad softer than the rg ones.

15. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I have the little ones. I'm still looking for a good use for them haha.

16. Mozzie_Owner

Mozzie_Owner Virgin Detailer

I have the swissvax and the rg (same brush, just bought from Tim at Envy) and only use the swissvax now.

17. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

are both of the swissvax brushes equally paint friendly?

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Yes they are, made with the same hair, just different size.

19. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

maybe ill just go for a second wheel brush then. why pay the same price for the smaller brush

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

:shead: I just use the wheel one to clean around seams and badges. Detail one is meant to use on the inside to get into smaller areas, thus it is smaller. But if using it on the body don't see a need for a little smaller brush. I have never ran into issue where I needed a smaller one on the body of the car. For interiors I have Envy brushes in 5 sizes, similar/same as RG.