CG Diablo wheel gel or P21S wheel gel?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Sep 23, 2009.

1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I've been sealing mine with PB wheel sealer, never need anything but regular soap to get them clean... but not much dirt builds up in the 1-2 weeks i go without washing anyways....

2. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

nevermind

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i ordered diable. running out of wheel cleaner. will it work on tires?

4. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Yeah it works fine on tires. It will clean the tires but it won't strip old dressing off.

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Tired out Diablo this last weekend... used it at 3:1, worked great on the loose recent acquired brake dust... but it wouldn't even touch the baked on junk underneath it... I still need some Megs WB to back this stuff up with...

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

diablo wheel gel is an excellent wheel cleaner. I love it because it remains being a gel even after you dillute it. It works well on tires too, although I prefer something more cost efficient, like Megs SD. When diablo doesn't work, then it's time to step in for Megs WB.

7. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I like Diablo, just wish I could find a sprayer with a fan pattern that worked.

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Get your hands on a P21s sprayer, use the on that come with the tire gel, or buy one for the 5L jugs of P21s. You can just take the sparer off the dip tube and use a normal length one, I just cut the long tube to size, and it works great at giving you a fan spray.

[​IMG]
    http://www.detailersdomain.com/p21s-5litersprayernozzles.aspx

9. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

ok so whats the verdict? 3:1 or what. i put all product in separate bottle so need to delute it in origina one

10. mongrelcat

mongrelcat Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Does anyone have the MSDS handy for either of these products? Thanks.

11. Tech

Tech Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I used it today on some relatively well maintained E46 M3 wheels.

I will definitely use it again.

I mixed it approximately 3:1, it clung to the wheels and carried debris off onto the floor. Scent was pleasant, unlike Poorboy's Spray and Rinse. Appears to be useful on clean to mildly dirty wheels right now. Ill give it a shot on some disaster, acid needy wheels and let you know how it goes.

Its only 1 use, but it looks to be a challenger to P21s gel.

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Why don't you just get Gloss it Wheel Gel and be done with it? Gloss it cleans as good if not better than P21S when used straight and just as good when diluted 3:1. Its $90 for 6 -22oz bottles ( isn't available in gallons ) whereas P21S is $102 for 5Litres( 1.32 gallons ) and isn't diluteable. Hmmmmmm......... I'm just sayin'

13. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

so it's $23 for 1 bottle but if you get 6 bottles it's $90?

14. Tech

Tech Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I only buy the Spray and Rinse because it seems to be a formulation that Chemical Guys doesn't sell on their website. Its not Grime Reaper or Wheel and Rim Cleaner for sure.

15. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Gloss it has a special, one for $20 or a three pack for $45.

16. mongrelcat

mongrelcat Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Anyone?

Got a reply from P21S... "We do not supply MSDS's to consumers."

I have the MSDS for the P21S Red Gel, but not the Green.

Does Chemical Guys make MSDS's available to consumers?

17. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Yes, CG does but in my other thread I stated how they sent MSDS for Sticky Gel and Premium Blue, but no Diablo. I kept calling and calling and they kept saying they would send it but it never came and they kept creating excuses so I just stopped trying. Maybe you'll have better luck.

P21S didn't send me an MSDS for the Gel Wheel Cleaner but they told me the actual pH is 9.5.

18. Mozzie_Owner

Mozzie_Owner Virgin Detailer

Having just bought a gallon of this I have read this thread with intrest.

I thought it was dilute 6:1 where as here people are doing it at 3:1?

Whilst I understand it wont ermove baked on dust, is that just on the first application and how long was it left before rinsing off?

Last one: some are spraying on, some spray onto a brush and then brush it on.

Which has been the most effective for those using both methods.

Thanks

19. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

Not too sure about the dilution. All i know is that it was designed to be diluted at 3:1 but some have said that they have had success diluting at 6:1 at the expense of some cleaning ability.

Id say spraying on would be the best method. By spraying it on, you let the gel do what it was designed to do. It will cling onto the wheel and do much of the cleaning before you go at the wheel with a brush.

20. Mozzie_Owner

Mozzie_Owner Virgin Detailer

Will try it at the 6:1 first then if no joy 3:1.

For brushing it on, think the idea is less waste of product.

Just wondering which has worked best for people.