Am I gouging?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Got Wax, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Whenever performing correction service, I always polish plastic lenes - tail, headlight, indicators, etc. As I provide correction only on an hourly basis, do you think spending time polishing the lenses is a waste of the clients' $?

For me, I believe the car just doesn't look finished if the paint is clean but lenses and other areas on the car aren't.

Thanks for your comments.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I polish lights also. Like you said, if the paint is clean, and the lights are not, it detracts from the look. So, no, you aren't gouging.

In fact, I have done just headlights for a few people over the summer, and make a quick $50 on each set.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you are are doing any kind of correction work, you should do the headlights and tailights . If you don't, they will really stand out against the polished car, and not in a good way.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I agree, if you are doing full correction work you have to do the headlights and taillights, they are apart of the car and should be polished as well. You dont want a perfectly polished paint and then have that messed up because of the taillights are swirled the heck.

5. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate getting the response from the pros on DB!!! When I started working on the last car I serviced, first thing before washing, the client is asking me why I'm removing his lic plate. I just kinda wondered why some don't do things the way most of us do??

Thanks again!!!

Andy

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Not a pro by any means but like any other profession, attention to detail is the key to success. When I do my car i take off my plates so i can get behind them and polish them behind it as well. Little things like is the difference between the best and just good.

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I love how freshly polished lights look, I would never do a full correction without that step...

8. richy

richy Guest

I concur on the lights...gotta be done if you consider yourself a pro.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I always do them for a paint correction unless a client asks me not to, LoL.

10. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Thanks guys for the replies!!! I just read posts and sometimes it appears some make a big issue out of the fact that they have corrected the lights and I just wondered if I was one of few who consider this to be part of the job!?

Thanks!!!

Andy

11. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Unpolished taillights look nasty:shakehead:

[​IMG]

12. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Yeah they do!!

13. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nope...it's all about the details. I also polish lights. It's what sets the average detailer apart from the true professional OCD detailers ;) Keep up the good work :applause:

14. fadbypav

fadbypav Virgin Detailer

yep me too always polish the lights,that is what being professional is all about