Finish Kare

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Erik Mejia, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Leda was letting them go for even LESS than half of AGs price SHIPPED!.....thank god I stocked up. My kids kids will have 425

As good as 425 is, Id rather pay an extra $10 (when talking about AG prices) for a gallon of OID which will make 4 gallons. 425 is GREAT no doubt, but QDs can only be so good, any better and you get into the spray sealant category. OID is pretty much comparable to 425 in almost all categories IMO.

It seems like with the last few threads on autopia regarding the closing of FK1, finshkare products in general have received a TON of hype especially the 425 QD.

To be completely honest, I wouldnt buy 425 at AG prices. Its just not worth it to pay that much for only a gallon of any QD. Dont fall for the hype. FK1 prices were pretty fair on it for I think $31 or $32 shipped anywhere plus a sample. AG is @ 40 without shipping. So if you could find it for cheaper, than by all means, go for it. Dont let the "gotta have it" mentality take over.

2. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Well who is it. We want names and numbers :waiting2:

You ever seen the geeks HQ's. Could you imagine what the mortgage is on that place, then you have to pay Max, Dwayne, Mike Phillips and the rest of that bunch :gasp:

I personally don't see how they do it.....Oh yea, retail + 50% :giggle:

3. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for that tip. I too was wondering what the hell I could use on my silver 540 to make it stand out. I'll give it a go. I just got the car in June and the detailer waxed the cra and it's still beading up till now. I may have to go back and ask what he used.

4. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

If I remember , AG will price match on internet offered products. This may be of some help in making buying decisions.

Paul S

5. FJF

FJF Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Personally, I've yet to find a true substitute for 425. SCG HR QD is close, cleans better, but still lacks 425's ultimate sparkle. OID definitely cleans better, has similar slickness, but the pop of 425 isn't there. YMMV.

1000P is very slick, offers fantastic durability and a unique look that begins to resemble a candy apple shell after 3 layers.

PW is almost as bright and vivid as 1000P, easier to use with diminished durability, and it allows for a more distinct sense of depth. I'm not sure if I'd compare it to P21S, as previously posted.

Other FK products worth checking out, as well.

6. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I'm pretty sure that they won't price match any products from FK right now, only because it appears that they're the only ones that carry the line on the web. Hard to price match when you don't have any competition.

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Looks like they lowered there price a bit. You could always buy directly from FK them self if you call them or email them.

8. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That use to be the only Finish Kare distributor in the US that was online, but they have gone under I think as there shipping cart no longer works. Once people started calling Finish Kare, the actual company, they started selling to the general public and still will if you call or email them. But AG now carries it also at a decent price.

10. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

"The shopping cart is down for maintenance . We apologize for any inconvenience."

Ooops didn't make it that far before posting. Just sent an email to that hotmail address. Well see what happens.

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

If you used that finishkareusa hotmail address you will not get a reply back as that is FK1 and they are gone.

You want to email Finish Kare them-self, and more specifically Leda.

FINISH KARE PRODUCTS, INC.

1726 FLORADALE AVE

SOUTH EL MONTE, CA 91733, USA

Phone: 626-443-8983; Fax: 626-443-0288

President/Tech Support: JJ Jhaveri, e-mail: JJ@Finishkare.com

Office Manager: Leda Young, e-mail: Leda@finishkare.com

Give her a call and she will take your order and send you a invoice that will have shipping cost on it. Then you can place a order directly though them, dont know if it will still be cheaper than AG.

Looking at there webpage looks like they are getting ready to do online ordering directly though them or at least get a invoice. Customer based sales is not there main line of sales, but after alot of people contacted them once FK1 went down they realized they had a large following.

12. bigmikela

bigmikela Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow! Thanks Erik for this info. I was about to place an order on AG but I noticed FK Inc is right in my backyard. (Close enough I live in West Covina) I will be heading out there tomorrow morning to pick up a gallon of 425 for 15.86 out the door. I might pick up some 1000p and PW since they are selling them for 11 bucks each. :applause2:

Mike

13. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

NP, isn't wholesale great? LOL.