Going to buy my first polishing/rubbing compound.

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Solidsnake, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Hey guys, I've been looking on eshine for a while and I've decided to finally purchase some polishing compounds for my PC. Given that I know what the compounds can do, I can admit that I do not know when to use which compound. So I was wondering if I can have your help in picking my first compounds for a 3 stage buff. I've been looking into the Menzerna products for a while, so which would you guys say would be the essential ones to pick?

Thanks,

Ibrahim.

2. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

M105, p203s, po85rd.

3. Byktor

Byktor Virgin Detailer

- Presta Ligth Cut Creme

- Power Gloss

- Insta Cut 1

- 3M Rubbing Compound

They are some i have.

Greetings from Mexico

4. richy

richy Guest

Ibrahim...the cool thing about a light compound/polish is what it will do to a good paint finish. Menzerna is a great choice and I'd recommend something like 106 or 85rd that will give a small amount of correction (depending on what pad you use) but more importantly, they will give the paint a depth that you could not believe or achieve otherwise. Be warned..this is a slippery slope to chasing the "perfect finish" which is what we've all been chasing for years. Welcome to the race!

5. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Ah, ok. Thanks, man. Will definitely add that to my list, by the way, does anyone know where eshine is located? It doesn't give there address on there website, or do they only ship online orders?

6. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

eShine doesn't have a "retail" storefront like say, Phil's place (Detailers Domain). You might want to contact Chris first and see if you can meet.

I know someone a while back did the drive and met with Chris (nothing you can't find out on Google). They managed to get some things. I tried to find the place earlier this year and when I called, I was informed that there wasn't a store front.

So I guess it may be strictly online. They are still pretty good on shipping promptly. I recieved my stuffs safe and sound.

7. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

:mounty:

And Chris will have your order delivered by the time you get your car backed out of the driveway. :applause2:

8. richy

richy Guest

For just 3 products, these will do 99.9% of what you need. Excellent recommendation!

9. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

From eShine website:

eShine is located in Port Colborne, Ontario (Niagara Region).

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I would suggest M105, M205, and Ultrafina. With the Megs twins you can dictate the cut of their polishes by the type of pad you use so you do not really need a dedicated mid-polish or a compound. I can take these three to any job and a certain type of pads and they will take care of anything I have to deal with. To me these three compound/polishes and a few different pads cuts down on want you need to carry around on detail or what you need to keep on hand. It just makes life alot easier.

11. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Well it would be great if it was just three products, but it isn't.. Here's my cart so far..

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Daily- Citrus Based pH balanced Hyper Shampoo with EXTREME SUDS II (16oz) $16.18
    The Dehydrator Drying Towel $16.15
    Riccardo Clay Blue (8oz) $16.49
    Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 (16oz) $33.00
    Menzerna Polish PO85RD (32oz) $43.99
    Zymol Titanium Estate Glaze $85.20
    Lake Country CCS 6.5" Black Finishing Pad $12.20
    Lake Country CCS 6.5" Orange Light Cutting Pad $12.20
    Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s) $19.50
    Duragloss #951 AW (Aquawax) (22oz) $10.24
    Chemical Guys MicroFiber Rejuvenator Microfiber Cleaning Detergent Concentrate (16oz ) $11.02

The Meguiar's M105 is out of stock as well as the 1Z cockpit thingy. But there might be more stuff to add to that list.

Also, I have no problem ordering it online, the thing is I am very impatient, and would rather go there myself, pick it up and since the girlfriend has been nagging at me for not spending time with her, I can spend the night in Niagara with her and kill two stones with one bird. So if I can call Chris and let him know about my order, will it be ready by lets say Wednesday in the afternoon?

12. eShine

eShine Guest

We are now in a location that accepts walk in's I just updated the info page that now shows our address.

13. dadswrld

Looky there! I'm glad to hear you will allow drop by's. I always find it better when I can see and talk to a person. It just adds that much more...uummm, personal touch.

Congrats Chris on your latest moves. Hopefully that space will bring you joy and much prosperity.:headbang:

14. Starcar

Starcar Birth of a Detailer

That's great news. Was planning a trip to Niagara soon.:mounty:

15. Nica

Nica Banned

So does that mean your sister will be meeting and greeting walking customers, oh just wondering that's all :whistle: :whistle:

16. Russ@Xclusive

Russ@Xclusive Two Bucket System Washer

I am personally a very big fan of Poorboys SSR line and love SSR2.5 with Orange LC followed by SSR1 with a White LC then either Black Hole with Black LC or White Diamond with Black LC.

17. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Well, since you updated so late I spent my money on stupid stuff like gas, oil, food with friends and weed. :\

You gotta give me time to make money and schedule a pickup.

18. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Instead of 85rd, I would suggest 106FA. Only because you are not using a rotary. I just don't think you'll see the benefit of a jeweling polish with a DA polisher.

That being said, there are SO many polishes out there, and a lot of different ones will net you good results.

Prima polishes were designed with the DA in mind.

Other than that, the Menz are awesome. I plan on trying the meguiar's 105/205 combo soon.

19. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

That sounds like a neat trick.

20. dadswrld

You might have missed the point below to why the point above was created:lol2:

:peace: