What to use on glass for inside?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by stealthmode, May 10, 2009.

1. stealthmode

stealthmode Two Bucket System Washer

I have these marks on my windows on the inside. Its from rubbing against the magnet of my speakers when i roll my windows down. It usually comes off with whatever glass cleaner i use, but since i left it there for about a month without cleaning it, its kind of baked on. Could i use a APC like P21s TAW or will that ruin my tint? Any other suggestions helpful. Thanks

2. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

try plexus .. i have read that tint is a plastic form and that plexus should be used as a mild plastic polish .. im affraid that TAW could damage the tint .. i know it sucks for someone to suggest a product you dont have and you end up spending money and if it doesnt work then i would feel really bad

i see NICA reading so maybe he has a better suggestion

3. Stems

Stems Birth of a Detailer

Have you tried Stoner's Invisible Glass? It's supposedly tint safe.

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I use Meguiars Detailer Line of Glass cleaner, two spritz on a WW towel, wipe wipe, flip, buff buff..works great and will not harm tint

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

sprayway is tint safe and an awesome glass cleaner.

6. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I used Plexus on a Jeep Wranglers soft top plastic windows and I was amazed at the results. It had scuff marks, from the plastic rubbing on the vehicle when the windows were unzipped, and it removed them all. In fact the side and back windows were clearer than the windshield! It is safe on window tint also. I hope this helps.

7. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

x2...only stuff I use.

8. stealthmode

stealthmode Two Bucket System Washer

It seems to be the rubber is gone and only the sticky adhesive is left and thats whats causing the marks. I actually tested with adam's and that didnt do the job so i just gave the TAW a try and it worked but still didnt remove all the marks. Tint is fine, just have to figure out a way to stop the rubber strip from doing that

9. lamby

lamby Birth of a Detailer

Zep ammonia free window cleaner concentrate $10.50 makes 32gallons

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Reinstall your speakers properly so they don't rub. Hey, you asked for suggestions! LOL! :thumb: