1. shadybreal

shadybreal Two Bucket System Washer

Its been a while since I've posted anything, but I was just wondering how other ONR washers deal with bugs on front grills and windshield? I'm trying to do more ONR washes, but bugs are a biatch! Thanks!

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Try making a stronger mix of ONR in a spritzer bottle and letting it soak on the bugs and crap for a while before you go over it. I've heard CG ONE is a stronger version of ONR so you might wanna try that as well.

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

A recommendation given to me by MWAUTOPRO was to soak a few MF towels in the solution and then cover the areas with bugs with those soaked towels. Hopefully by then they'd be softened up enough to remove with the wash mitt. You may need to use a bug scrub sponge soaked in ONR as well.

Good to see you're still around.

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

alot of people use the method of soaking the bumper with a large towel for about 15 minutes to loosen up the dried bug guts, which then allows them to easily wipe off, might sound like a little extra work, but you probably wouldn't have to pull out the hose...

5. mrgolfrider

wow, that was weird..

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

To remove - use a Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad and some warm, soapy water. It’s completely harmless to the paint or glass surfaces, a very efficient and safe way of removing harmful baked on bug debris due to its non-abrasive nature. The open-cell construction 'grabs' foreign matter on your cars paint surface and safely removes it.

Option II - use a micro fibre towel soaked in Optimum no-rinse (ONR) allow to dwell for a few minutes to rehydrate and gently wipe off, alternatively use a 1:20 solution of distilled water and ONR in a spray bottle allow to dwell and then remove with a bug Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad

7. shadybreal

shadybreal Two Bucket System Washer

Thanks everyone.

8. mrgolfrider

click the big thumb!!! it will be much appreciated!!

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

For me I usually just do a pre-soak of the front with my ONR solution in a sprayer.

10. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

One tip I read on another forum was to apply a water-moistened dryer sheet. Apply it to the bugs and let it sit for a good while. Then gently wipe off the bugs.

11. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I use ONR and a sponge that I found at the dollar store, it is MF looks just like a bug sponge works great.

12. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Is it ok to ONR on the first pass, then use a bug and tar remover and then a final wipedown of onr again?

Or there is a reason why we need to presoak?

13. dtaildood

dtaildood Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How good is Optimum No rinse? Id love to take a step out of my detail, especially the drying part which definately soaks up some time and energy.

Its simply mixing proper ratio of ONR to Water and wash your car as you normally would? How effective can it be as I thought a final rinse was a good way to always rid of any loose dirt remaining on the surface.

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

It would be OK, but IMO an unecessary step / product addition.

The pre-soak is to saturate the carcass, which usually breaks its bond with the paint so it can be removed

15. richy

richy Guest

I, too, have heard this but have yet to try it..

16. dtaildood

Do you guys add a cap or 2 of ONR into an empty bucket then hose the water in to create suds?
    Or do you fill up with water then just drop a cap or 2 into the still water not creating suds?

17. Bunky

Bunky Guest

ONR does not generate suds like a traditional soap. What little foaming it does do, dissipate quickly.

18. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Optimum no rinse is great. There's so many upsides to it and no downsides that I can think of.

All you do is take 1oz of onr drop it in the bucket and fill it with 2 gallons of water.

Drop a grit guard in and go to work. Do one panel at a time. Than dry it off and move onto the next panel.

No final rinse is needed. If your washing correctly your drying towel will be absolutely spotless at the end of a wash. A sponge/mf/whatever your wash media is, should be soaking up all the dirt/contaminants and when you stick it in the bucket and rub it against the GG the dirt will fall to the bottom of the bucket.

19. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

[...and when you stick it in the bucket and rub it against the GG the dirt will fall to the bottom of the bucket. ]

Washing Media Cleaning
    Place this grid in your wash bucket to enable loose debris cleaning of the washing media. Hooks secure the grid frame grip in place. Durable green polypropylene won't rust, resists solvents, easy to clean. Measurements 9-inch long x 5-inch wide The paint grid has legs along the bottom to hold the grid from the side of the rinse bucket making for better ergonomics (much easier than trying to do this through x gallons of water at the bottom of the bucket) - Wooster 1-Gallon Grid

20. dtaildood

thanks for the replies guys. cant wait to try it out! looks like its going to be a great addition to my lineup! also make regular washing of my car much quicker!