Most durable protection

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by sweater914, Apr 9, 2009.

1. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I had some of the Collinite - liquid version, ok - can't remember the number, but I do remember it wasn't that great looking, and duribility ain't my number one thing anyway. I'll bet most everyone here adds another LSP way before the old one is through, I know I do!

2. sweater914

sweater914 Virgin Detailer

Glad I started a pretty decent thread, all the information has been welcome, I'm probably going to give Zaino a shot. With 4 vehicles to maintain, the ease of application is important, I like my arms and don't need the Popeye look. That's what the gym is for.

3. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

zaino always has lasted a long time for me. plus the looks are great. my sts-300 has proved to last up to 8 months so far on many of my customers cars it is my go to sealent for customers.

4. bcwang

bcwang Virgin Detailer

Here are a few very durable LSP combos

-DG601+DG105
    -FK1000p
    -UPPP+UPGP
    -Zaino Z2 + ZfX
    -collinite 476s

5. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

6. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

collinite/DG stuff is the way to go. very friendly on the pockets as well.

7. Bence

Bence Two Bucket System Washer

Another vote for the 1000P, but traditional LSPs are not even close to coatings.

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I've used practiacally every sealant out there and some that aren't even available yet, and I have to say that for durability nothing has beaten Bilt Hamber Auto Balm bar none and that includes DG 105. I love DG 105 and for accessiblity and price it's next to impossible to beat but Auto Balm in looks, durability, and reasonable price is just the product to dethrone the king. Had it on my Jeep for 6 months from Nov. - May and it was still beading and sheeting incredibly. Oh and when I washed it, it looked like I had just applied the AB.

9. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

CliffNotes version- a polymer is more durable than a wax (Zanio, Collnit, Blackfire, Werkstatt et al)

If I was to pick a durable combination Zaino / Collinite

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Interesting.... for those of us that have to torture our cars with winter this is good info.

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Just a note. I just posted a motorhome I did last October. It got 2 coats of Colli 476 24 hours apart and after sitting outside all winter in below zero temps with 24 inches of snow on it and getting foamed with straight AG Powermax3 a few weeks ago, it was still beading.

12. WaxManRonnie

WaxManRonnie Virgin Detailer

How about a coat of Opti-seal and top it off with Collinite 845.

13. SHhhhh

SHhhhh Two Bucket System Washer

The most durable LSP right here! FK 1000P

14. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

Meg's #16 gets no votes?? Damned voc regs!