Hand Pumps for Gallon Containers

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by J BELL, May 7, 2009.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Has anyone found any hand pumps that dispense in 1 oz quantities locally, that they have put on their gallon containers?

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Not locally unfortunately, yet...

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Does ADS or Top of the Line carry them? I thought I remember seeing them somewhere

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I know ADS does, just hopefully would find some locally....i figured costco or sam's might have some...but i guess the search continues, anyone else??

5. cshorey

cshorey Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I don't know about your area, but I would explore the following two types of stores. Stores that sell bulk lotions, and soaps. I have a local grocery store who sells many soaps, lotions and shampoo's in bulk. They carry a ton of little bottles and even 1 gal pumps. I am sure there must be some stores in selling products in this fashion and they might do pumps like mine (as you can buy the gallons as well of these products). I would also suggest looking for your local cleaning supply distributor. I already know of a few in my area. These are the companies who sell cleaning supplies to janatorial companies, etc. Everyone I have been to has your standard plastic products and should have gallon pumps.

chris

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hey J, you should check out some sort of bulk food supply store if you have one in your area. I know of one in my area that is like Costco but it's all food and food service items (i.e. gloves, plastic bins, take-out boxes, etc.).

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

You can go to Autozone and get a fuel siphon kit and its a gallon pump with a lot more tygon tubing than you will need but it will work. Not sure how much it dispenses with each pump (well at least that's what I told her!).

8. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

Quite awhile ago someone posted that they were using the Ketsup fast food pumps for their shampoo. I think that they mentioned one pump was an ounce.

9. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

I found a great selection of small bottles and sprayers at Sally Beauty supply, they're all over. Didn't check specifically for pumps but it wouldn't surprise me if they carry them. Some of those beauty shop supplies come in industrial sizes. And some of the women I've seen need 'em! :yikes:

TL

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I bought some gallon pump dispensers from Sally's once but will never again. They work fine but it takes around 7 pumps to equal a ounce depending on the viscosity of the liquid. They are short stroke pump dispensers so I would avoid those.

11. rich909

rich909 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have a local paint supplier in my area that I picked some up from.
    I asked for 5 with some other Meguiars stuff.
    Well I didn't pay any attention to the price beacuse I needed them but when I got home I looked over my invoice and guess how much.
    They were $1.39. I don't believe this is their regular price because my invoice description states (Gal Pumps on Special)
    Most of their Meguairs are a little cheaper than ADS.
    They give most walk ins the house account price.

If you want their info I can PM it to you.

Rich

Attached Files:

12. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

if you go to the CG's website, under the "super saver deals" they have a 1oz pump dispenser ...

13. cshorey

cshorey Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just out of curiousity let us know J if you have any success.

I found it funny I never noticed the industrial janitorial supply distributors before, but now know were a few are and they really aren't that far out of the way. Plus you can find other pleasent surprises while you are at them. I got my BioKleen TLC locally at one. Actually it was a store that specialized in really only carpet cleaning supplies. truck extractors and shelves and shelves for different cleaners from a ton of companies, though they were pretty big on the BioKleen line (TLC, backout, and APC). There were just too many goodies to get. :)

chris

14. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I sure will fellas, i live in a city of a million people, if i cant find it locally i will just order online, but as you gentlemen know, a local find is a great find!!!

15. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

can you pm me info. i need pump for my carbon fiber resin.

16. rich909

rich909 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

PM sent.