911fanatic/Duragloss vs Mazda3

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Apr 30, 2009.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

This is just a maintanence detail but I was playing with some Duragloss products so I'd thought I'd share.

Engine cleaned with DG Ultimate Orange
    Jambs all Cleaned with DG Ultimate Orange and AG Tar and Adhesive remover
    Lower body panels sprayed with DG Ultimate Orange and rinsed
    Car washed with DG CWC
    Tires cleaned with DG Ultimate Orange and AG Custom Wheel Cleaner
    Wheels cleaned with DG All Wheel Cleaner
    Clayed with Clay Magic Blue
    LSP was DG 105
    Tires dressed with Blackfire Tire Gel
    Interior wiped down with Eco Cleaner from Home Depot
    Glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass

Total time - 4.5 hours

Some Duragloss stuff I'm playing with today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unbelievable. Will someone explain to mechanics the difference between a hinge and a jamb please! Good Grief!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interior was a bit on the dirty side today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her welts were full of crud.
    [​IMG]

After one try with UO and Wheel Cleaner
    [​IMG]

Wee bit of brake dust buildup behind the spokes that Wheel Cleaner wouldn't remove.
    [​IMG]

AG Custom Wheel Cleaner at work
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diluted Acid was applied with a toothbrush to stained areas and wheels rewashed.
    [​IMG]

The DG UO cleaned the dirt out of the jamb with ease but couldn't budge the grease. AG Tar & Adhesive Remover was sprayed on the grease, left to dwell for a minute and then the jamb was sprayed with UO again and rinsed. Voila!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The interior all clean
    [​IMG]

Jambs got DG 105 as well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine was washed down with DG UO and dressed with AG Vinyl & Rubber Care
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheels were sealed with DG 105 as well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After using the Duragloss line for the last few months I have to say that I am very impressed with this product line, especially since it is so reasonably priced. The 901 soap produces a very wet foam that is very nice to use. It rinses easily and even with only 1 ounce in 4 gallons of water, it foams like there is no tomorrow. The Ultimate Orange has its place. It seems to work very well on motors, jambs, body parts etc but did have a tough time with the greasy jambs and didn't get the tires as clean as I would have liked. I used the UO straight as suggested. I ran out so didn't get a chance to use it diluted on the interior. The All Wheel Cleaner worked admirably, only leaving some bits of brake dust that were baked on. Easily recommended for guys who keep their wheels in good condition. It doesnt say its a gel on the label but it does cling very well. The DG 105 TPP is a joy to use. Goes on and comes off just like sealants costing twice as much. I didn't use the 601 Bonding agent today. Leaves a very nice shine. Wet looking, even on white. One coat is supposed to last a year. We'll see

Thanks for looking.

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Wow! That is a serious clean up. :worship2:

3. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

DG105 is good stuff!

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Great work Ken, the DG line is very underrated in my book!

5. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Looks good, I saw the eco cleaner at HD before, what do you use it on/as? Is it like an APC? How do you like it?

6. 911Fanatic

The Eco Cleaner I got from Home Depot is from Clorex. Its an APC thats dilutable. I've used it on everything from engines, tires and wheels, and interiors. It works very well and at 3.50 for a litre I believe, its very economical. Give it a try. It smells excellent as well.

7. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

thats one hell of a maintence detail .. great work

those jambs were f-in dirty man

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

The vehicle looks great Ken! The DG105 and DG901 are some great products!

9. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Very very nice bro, i love the last shot!

once i have finished my jet seal, i will definitely try out the DG 105

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

beautiful work, Ken! Gotta love those door jambs now!!!

11. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Beautiful work Ken...

12. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Birth of a Detailer

Err, thats no everyday wash up. Very meticulous Ken. White looks good again.

So the 105 is actually more of a sealant. I see the bottle says polish??

13. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Very nice detail...It sure looks great...You really know your stuff, Ken...:thumb:

14. 911Fanatic

It would seem that these days we are more specific with the titles we give our products. Back in the days of old (when I grew up ) people used to use wax, polish etc as if they were the same thing.

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice work Ken, you have to love the trippy floormats...

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Looks great! But I think you need some new floormats :p:

Did you use the 111? I have a brand new bottle DG sent me for free, but havent' used it yet.

17. richy

richy Guest

ken..the 3 looks fantastic..the door jams in white are just mint, absolutely mint! When you are playing with the DG line, I have one small suggestion for you...especially on white cars...try the DG 501 BEFORE the 105 (or 601/105 combo). It really seems to get deep into the paint and brings out a glow like you wouldn't believe. I know the car looks amazing right now and I'm not saying it would have improved it, but it would have been very interesting to try 1/2 the hood one way and 1/2 the other. If you've used the ABC system you can skip the 501 though.

18. greased

greased Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great work! Really nice work on the jambs! One of the hardest areas to get looking really spotless! UO is a great product too, eh? It works well on fenderwell gunk, as well! For in between cleaning, I find 501 Marine polish works quite well...

19. dionnfr

dionnfr Birth of a Detailer

Thanks DG has it place in my cabinet, nice job.

20. 911Fanatic

I didn't use it on this car. I was hoping too but ran into time constraints. I have used it on my Passat and I would say two coats of it are shinier than some other products costing 2x as much.