hobby to business...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by DetailnDude, Mar 11, 2009.

1. bigluelok

bigluelok Virgin Detailer

sick garage/ shop i love the paint on the walls:applause2:

2. DetailnDude

DetailnDude Birth of a Detailer

Hey Thanks !
    It was an interesting project ! I don't care if I ever see a sheet of Drywall,Insulation, or Paint brush ever again..lol I just delivered my first car out of it today.2002 Pearl White Lincoln Ls it is a Fun working atmosphere...

3. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Awesome bro!

What are these? Dent removers?
    [​IMG]

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Looking really good :applause:

I too was curious about those long sticks, what are they?

Question, are you going to leave the floor like that? Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be completing the floor in my garage, I personally don't like the bare concrete look..so I'll be laying down some commercial grade Epoxy on my garage :thumb:

5. 68Stang

68Stang Birth of a Detailer

About those sticks on the wall...

He is an Egyptologist with a fetish for mummification. Piss him off and you just might lose your brain.

6. DetailnDude

Yes ! These are PDR Paintless Dent Removal/repair tools Thanks for the compliment !

The floor will be the same Blue as the lower part of the wall. Kind of a water effect from the floor to the wall is what I'm shoot'n for. I also have a crack down the middle to fill first

LOL That is a good one ! I'll have to remember it !
    :popcorn:

7. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Hey you can show us how to use them at our detail meet.:deal: :dance:

8. DetailnDude

depends on how much time you got...lol I am just learning it. they guy who tought me can take out a golf ball size dent in 10 miniutes that same dent right would take me 2-3 hours but even at that it would be a $200 dent which comes out to a decent hourly wage. $100 -$!33 an hour at my slow pace. The guy who taught me also told me he will not get of bed without a $1000 day lined up and he only works until noon most of the time...Believe Me !! I will master this...lol he also said about 80% a people he teaches fails and does not make it because you have to do it every day pretty much until you totally understand how it works... massaging metal is definately interesting.. Now that I have the garage done I am going to hit it hard. I have a black hood off a 99 chevy truck. I'm popn' dents in and Popn' dents out. I will take some pics of of a dent and give a little run through on it.. just give me couple days to find a mopment to do it. I am booked out about 3 weeks now and the calls are still coming...those tool range form about$50 -$250 a peice it don't look like much on the wall but is around $2500 hanging there. good return on investment once you get going though
    sorry for writing a novel....lol
    Take Care !
    Bob :)

9. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Very interesting... when I first saw it I thought it would be pretty easy, just slowly massaging the metal till the dent was all the way out, guess there's more than meets the eye :shead:

10. DetailnDude

There is more than meets the eye. It is one of those things once you get it you got it.. just gotta get it first. I have been doing body work and paint for a long time and went in thinking the same way. how hard can this be... well when you are tring to find the tip of your tool behind the metal you have to push far enough to see it witout stretching the metal out. we are talking about looking for a nats ass on a car...lol hope that helps understanding it a bit more

11. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

When and where are you guys going to hold your detail meet...:thumb:

12. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the info bro.Look forward to hearing more.

I don't know yet Dave,i'm still waiting to find out from everybody. You wanna come down?:headbang:

13. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

That would be most awesome...Be warned though the old man is ready to show you all up...:giggle:

14. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Bring it!:bla2:

:giggle:

15. DetailnDude

Let me know what you guys decide I'll hop in the lac and head south. after I get my in dash DVD/TV installed... between texting,phone calls,sound system. I think I need 1 more distraction...lol
    :sheep:

16. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter