My new detail wagon, Deloris the Detailasaurus

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Wolfs Chemicals, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Hi all! Well I have to say that I'm happier than a pig in poo right now because I bought myself a new detail wagon this week! No more lugging that stupid trailer around!! I'd considered buying a new car before I saw this one and decided against taking up another loan. Besides, I don't think anyone will be that much more impressed if I'm driving a new car or not... like I said before, I was using a ratty-looking primered trailer until now. Anyway, she's a 1997 Skoda Felicia and she's got 181,000 km on her (that's 112,468 miles for the metric impaired :)), some body damage on both sides (not too much), the transmission slips out of 5th gear (I can easily fix that) and there's a little rust in the back, but she runs like a chicken with its head cut off and I'm stoked about her! And for the grand total of $1,100 I can't complain. It's a car from E.on and my best friend who's an engineer there says they take very good care of their company cars. It's a nice project car, too. I gave her a light polishing today and gutted the inside because it smelled like a penicillin factory inside. Here's some pics:

Generally dirty...

[​IMG]

Gutted all the crap that was stuck under the dash, then fixed the pin switches on the door so the interior light would work... then ran some speaker wires for my tunes :).

[​IMG]

Some mold... at least I can say, "I have culture"! :geez

[​IMG]

The cause of the mold... I still can't figure out why they put this plug in there. Did they expect me to have to deal with a flood in the car or what? :think:

[​IMG]

Hmm, walnuts... that's just nuts :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Painting the plug thingy

[​IMG]

All cleaned up and repainted on the inside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front carpet pressure washed and scrubbed, now drying on my shed.

[​IMG]

Seats and back carpet drying on the porch.

[​IMG]

Swirly monster...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All painted and silicon caulk applied to seal it up for good.

[​IMG]

Some reflections after polishing the box

[​IMG]

All finished with a coat of Collinite 885, followed by a coat of Migliore Primo 1 hour later.

[​IMG]

I wasn't too concerned with a full correction; I just wanted to breathe a little life back into the old girl. She's going to be repainted soon anyway :D

[​IMG]

Rust on the seats that was irking me. I cleaned them up with a wire brush and then resprayed them with matt black paint.

[​IMG]

Side view and my mischievous little son :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything put back in and treated with an odor killer.

[​IMG]

The back: The shelves came with the truck... score! Everything fits just perfectly and I can close the little gates on the shelves so nothing bounces about!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a bit of rust on the back wheel wells that needs to be taken care of soon.

[​IMG]

If all goes well, Deloris the Detailasaurus should look something like this before the summer's over:

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, and for the Playboy subscribers thanks for "looking"!

- Jesse

2. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Awesome.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Hahaha, that is going to be one obnoxious machine. I like the windshield decal. You should get some obnoxious wheels as well. Best of luck, nice photoshop too BTW.

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

thats pretty awesome, funny looking truck! nice fix up on the inside

5. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

yeah the wheels should be those spinning hypnotize things.

6. Wolfs Chemicals

Yeah, maybe I'll just go ballz out and get something REALLY tacky like these:

[​IMG]

:gross:

7. DetailnDude

DetailnDude Birth of a Detailer

where do you change the light bulb if they burn out?

:agree::gross:

8. Wolfs Chemicals

Beats me! :shrug:

9. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Great job to start with and the finished product is awesome...Way to go...:thumb:

10. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Walnuts...that's just nuts :lol:

Love the windsheild decal!!

Nice find!!

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Nice find there and great clean up on her. Looking forward to seeing it like the final pic. Oh and I use to work for E.on over here in the States.

12. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I love that last pic!! Good idea with the window banner!

13. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

nice and a cute one!

14. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Congratulations, you did a great job cleaning up!

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Congrats on the new ride, that last pic is wicked!

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks great, congrats on the new vehicle!