Product Review: Optimum Instant Detailer

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by krshultz, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Karl, now that you are addicted......they do have a gallon size that makes 4 gallons! :giggle:

2. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Don't laugh too much there, Mr. Crack Dealer :lol:

I dropped off a customer car tonight that I'd finished off with some OID. The owner was astonished at how slick the finish was, so I gave him some to try. He doesn't know much about detailing, but is willing to take advice...

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

This product sounds promising. Can this be used as a final wipe down after waxing?

4. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

This is exactly what I did today after correcting, then hitting with Jetseal, a white Volvo S40. Paint felt like it was teflon coated or something - really amazing.

5. dervdave

dervdave Virgin Detailer

Anthony Orosco from the Optimum forum recommended 1 OCW to 5 OID

6. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i'll have to try that. i just used ocw for the first time today, used two coats, with oid in between, looks very deep and glossy. i used mt pc on 5 w/ mf bonnet to apply ocw, i think it works great, a little goes a long way.

7. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

for the money one of the best qd I have ever used, great review.

8. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i'm going to assume it's 1 ocw to 5 oid after the oid has been diluted w/ distilled water correct?

9. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

After reading all the positive reviews here, I bought a 32oz bottle of it. I think 1 gallon will last me for quite some time. I can't imagine using over 4 gallons of the stuff :yikes:

10. dervdave

dervdave Virgin Detailer

Yes the ratio advised is at the normal use dilution and the ready to use version

11. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Finally used OID. All I can say is that I found my next favorite QD to use after waxing. Even my mum noticed the difference in looks after I sprayed it on the hood of her bamboo pearl RX330! Definitely buying more after its finished...maybe the 1 gal one too :thinking:

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, yeah the OID is awesome! OID and Meg's LT will always be in my arsenal. :)

13. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very true, Phil. I use it as drying QD and love it.

14. dervdave

dervdave Virgin Detailer

I`ve mentioned before that I`ve been adding some OCW to the OID for durability as Anthony Orosco from the Optimum forum recommeded, well I`ve now been adding some CarLack LLS to my OID as a trial and found it fantastic.
    Durability hasn`t been tested yet but cannot fail to be good !

15. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

OCW+OID huh? :thinking: I wonder if Prima Banana Gloss and OID will work :thinking: :thinking:

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Interesting concept with mixing somewhat similar products... I wonder how well OCW + ONR would work, LoL.

17. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

this might be the start of hybrid combos!

18. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

OID + Hand Sanitizer = bubble gum hands

19. Jay J

Jay J Birth of a Detailer

What's megs LT?

20. DC5Berry

DC5Berry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Last Touch