Whats the difference between......

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by stealthmode, Mar 15, 2009.

1. stealthmode

stealthmode Two Bucket System Washer

Whats the difference between Megs Hyper Wash and Shampoo Plus? Does one just create more suds than the other, will either strip the lsp, is their gloss enhancing agents in either? Im looking for something with no gloss enhancing additives.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

there is a huge difference in between these two. Hyper wash foams like crazy, but has a very limited lubricity. Its major purpose - foam gun/cannon. Shampoo Plus is totally different, it doesn't foam too much, but offers a lof of lubricity. Shampoo Plus is one of my favorite shampoos!

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I actually disagree. I feel HW has a lot of lubricity. I use that and Maxi Suds pretty much exclusively.

4. stealthmode

So does either hyper wash or shampoo+ strip the lsp or have any gloss enhacing abilities?

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Isnt the dilution ratio's different?

6. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

No Neither will strip wax and both have gloss enhancing abilities.

7. supercharged

I used in in a bucket and didn't notice any lubricity, but suds. Dillution ratio was 400:1. Maybe it if dillute it 128:1 it will. But anyway, I'm saving it for foam gun/cannon and will be washing with Shampoo Plus instead. To me, lubricity is slickness, and unfortunately I DID NOT notice much of that from Hyper Wash.

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

hyper wash is just that... hype. it don't see a real purpose for it honestly. But a soap depends on what it's use is intended for as well.

Maxi-Suds foams just as much as hyperwash, and has the lube.

9. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I think you have to consider that Hyperwash is aimed towards a market of fleet and high production stuff. At that dilution rate (400:1). I think if you were to strengthen up the dilution you would either strip LSP or have rinsing clean issues, but thats just me. I think it is better to take what the shampoo gives you as far as its qualities...i have never tried hyperwash, where i would use it is weekly cleaning of my tires and wheels..for the record i didnt like shampoo plus at all..i didnt think it was as slick as most shampoos

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I used a mixture of DP Foam and Maxi Suds II the other day in the cannon with the adjustment towards max capacity. WOW! That was fun.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

A dilution ratio of 400:1 is pretty crazy. That's hard to measure out, LoL.

12. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

1.25 oz shot glass to 3.5-4 gallons of water is what I do.

13. stealthmode

Ive been using CG CWG and its been leaving a "film" on my windows, which i hate. So looking for something that wont leave a residue behind

14. stealthmode

Since there seems to be not so great opinions on the megs washes, which of these shampoos would everyone recommend?
    PB's SSS
    Optimum Car Wash
    Zaino Z7

15. supercharged

Z7 is not cost efficient. Shampoo Plus is very nice for washing, very slick. Optimum is another nice choice, a little harder to rinse though, because that foam just lasts and lasts. Poorboys SS&S is also pretty nice, not as slick as Optimum, but still very close. I'd add DG#901 soap in here too, one of my favorites, very cost efficient and works well in a foam gun/cannon, and in a bucket.

16. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Megs gold class is great. NXT wash is good also. I also like the other two you mentioned, just not what your looking for.LOL

17. stealthmode

Ill give shampoo plus a shot. Screw it i'll try the pb's and optimum too haha. More money gone!!!:shakehead:

18. supercharged

I recently bought myself some Citrus Wash Clear to use in a foam cannon...

19. SBDinATL

SBDinATL Virgin Detailer

As crazy as it sounds....Meg's Deep Crystal is one of the better foaming soaps.

With a Karcher 1500 and Cam foam sprayer Ihave used the following:

DP Extreme Foam
    Z7
    Maxi Suds II
    CWC
    CWG
    Meg's Deep Crystal

The DP was probably the WORST performer foam wise. Plus I didn't like the smell.

The Meg's is cheap and local. The Z7 is great, just expensive. The CG stuff is good, but their shipping is killer.

20. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

What concentrations were you using? I found the DP Extreme to create a foam that lasted longer on the paint surface then my CG's CWC.