Layering Wax and ‘Spit Shining’

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by togwt, Feb 23, 2009.

1. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Layering Wax and ‘Spit Shining’

2. dervdave

dervdave Virgin Detailer

SIT shining eh ?
    The spelling mistake could`ve been a lot worse I suppose :laughing:
    Excellent post otherwise

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Good read as always. About how long would it take to spit shine a medium sized 4-door sedan?

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

This was very usefull and interesting to me. The information and possiblities are endless to what you can achieve...:thumb:
    I would rate this a 5

5. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

i'll be trying this today. thanks for the write up

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Once you've finished your feedback would be great as to how easy the How-To was to follow etc . . .

7. radstoy

radstoy Virgin Detailer

Your explanations are rather exhaustive to say the least. I am thankful for the information but at the sametime somewhat overwhelmed. Keep up the good work and I look forward to further learning at your feet.:worship2:

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

very useful information, thanks, TOGWT!!!

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

wow, quite a write up, very informative for newbies like me looking to soak up info.

10. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Check out the TOGWT articles in the Detailing School section, should keep you reading / learning for awhile ;)

11. wise 85

wise 85 Virgin Detailer

The Enzymatic Zymol Estate Glazes and Hand Crafted Paste waxes,use a 'regent' to prevent the formula mixture from setting inside the container.The 'regent' is also used to enable the Carnauba to bond to the surface to which it is applied.The 'regent' uses air as a catalyst to achieve this,not heat.Heat is used,from the friction produced by 'rubbing palms together' to soften the Carnauba,in order to enable it to spread easily.

12. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Do I NEED to apply Zymol by hand instead of an applicator?

13. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

oh my gosh. Just saw this after waxing my car.
    My arm is exhausted but after reading this, I wanna try spit-shining :)

Thanks again for another great article.

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

One of the very important nuances of layering is to use very little applied pressure and friction when applying subsequent layers as they will have a negative impact on wax thickness

15. SC4Boy

SC4Boy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What happened to the write up? :(

16. JC98

JC98 Birth of a Detailer

Yeah it's MIA

17. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

IIRC, togwt got in trouble for plaigarising posts from some forums. Guessing the mods pulled his write ups down?