Lime mothatf***in Prime

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by TheJag, Jan 6, 2009.

1. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

i just ordered a bottle of this stuff to use on my car and im really exicted!, it says to use it with a finishing pad with an orbital so im curious, i have the griots orbital and their red wax pad, would that do?:help:

2. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

IMO, that should work just fine.

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

That would work perfect.

4. rtrt2889

rtrt2889 Birth of a Detailer

That's the DODO juice paint cleaner that has abrasives? Does it matter if you use Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite?

5. TheJag

If i understand correctly Lime prime Lite doesnt have the abrasives that the regular stuff does, its just a cleaner glaze... btw whats the difference between a glaze and a polish? polish only has cutting power but glazes have cutting and filling power?

6. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

The term "glaze" has no categorical significance.

Meguiar's Speed Glaze (#80) is an abrasive polish. Albeit this product does contain filler, it is formulated to mechanically remove defects.

Meguiar's Show Car Glaze (#7) is a gloss enhancer. It does contain filler; however, this product is formulated to improve gloss rather than remove defects and/or protect finished surfaces.

Z***l Royale Estate Glaze is a carnauba wax. It does not contain filler and is formulated to amplify gloss and protect finished surfaces.

Please realize this information is based upon my comprehension of the products mentioned above; this information is not intended to be formal in any fashion.

7. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I find that in most products, Glaze is usually something that contains fillers and is simply to increase shine/ hide minor swirl marks. Of course it varies, but that is what I use for a general definition of glaze.

8. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

I used Lime Prime on my Mini Cooper S before I sold it. I popped on a finishing pad, used a little on each panel before some SuperNatural. Your pad selection should be fine, and you'll be happy with the quick work it makes out of a slightly needy panel.

9. TheJag

hell yea, im stoked about this stuff, cant wait to see what it looks like after this and a few coats of supernatural, thanks for all the info guys, they need to regulate how the term glaze is used

10. gleammachine

gleammachine Virgin Detailer

I have used LP a few times now when needing a little bit of cut for enhancement details (light swirl removal), IMO it performs better on a Meguiars polishing pad (yellow) than it would using a finishing pad, just gives the edge in the way of cut and finishing.

[​IMG]

From this.

[​IMG]

To this.

[​IMG]

11. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Of course you didn't have any before / after pics on any regular cars, eh? Glad to see you over here.

12. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

:lol:

13. gleammachine

gleammachine Virgin Detailer

Funny enough I couldn't find any.:p: Thanks for the welcome.